Big News

So sorry this is so late at night I was meant to upload this before I went to work and forgot and I've not long got home from work.

Here it is, a surprise update, uploaded for Joe Mazzello's birthday. Happy Birthday to Deaky's long-lost son ;-) x

October 1974

After coming back from America, the boys got back into the studio working on their next album, recording what they could without Brian's guitar sections until he was well enough to be in the studio again.

Thankfully, Lilliana didn't have another tonic-clonic seizure, she turned 6 in July and started Year 2 in September.

"Lily! Poppy! It's about to start," Veronica calls down the hall to Lilliana's bedroom. The pair gasp and race down the hall to sit in front of the television that John had installed a month ago. Queen goes back on tour next week and John is hoping this will help to distract his daughter from missing him too much.

Tonight though, Queen is performing their new single Killer Queen on Top of the Pops. Poppy has come over for a sleepover so they can watch together.

"Not too close girls or you'll hurt your eyes," She warns them and they back up a little.

Tiger gets up from where he'd been snuggling with Veronica on the sofa, he's been doing that lately, and puts himself between the two girls looking for a fuss, "Hi Tig," Poppy giggles and kisses his snout.

Lilliana gasps, staring at the screen, "It's starting," She squeals, "Look there's daddy."

The first time they were on Top of the Pops earlier in the year for Seven Seas of Rhye, they didn't have a TV so Lilliana couldn't see it.

The pair were getting ready for bed when John came home, "Daddy!" Lilliana runs to hug him.

Chuckling, he lifts her into a hug, something he won't be able to do for much longer because she's getting too heavy, "Hello sweetpea," He kisses her cheek, "Did you watch it?"

"Yes, me and Poppy did. It was so cool to see you on telly."

"Good, I'm glad you enjoyed it," Even if they didn't. Stupid BBC, "Now I think you're meant to be going to bed, come on," He takes her to her bedroom where Poppy is getting into Lilliana's bed, they decided to top and tail, "Goodnight girls."

"Goodnight Dad."

"Goodnight Mr Deacon," Poppy pouts staring at the ceiling, "Your family is so cool."

"Your dad is cool too, he's a firefighter and he saves people's lives."

"He couldn't save mummy though," She mumbles sadly, "I hear him blaming himself all the time because he couldn't save her." Sensing her sadness, Tiger moves to lay on top of Poppy.

Though Lilliana lost her mum she doesn't feel sad about missing her anymore because she has Veronica, "I'm sorry you lost your mum, Poppy."

"It's not your fault. I think I want to follow in his footsteps by becoming a paramedic and helping people," They talk about what they want to do when they grow up until they fall asleep.

A week later, John goes back on tour and a couple of mornings after he left, Lilliana woke to hear Veronica being sick in the bathroom. Rubbing her tired eyes, Lilliana climbs out of bed and goes to the kitchen for a glass of water before going to the bathroom.

She pushes the door open to find Veronica throwing up into the toilet, "Are you okay, V?"

"Oh I'm sorry Lil, I didn't mean to wake you," Wiping her mouth, Veronica stands flushing the toilet, "I'm okay, just a little under the weather."