Chapter 54

Chapter 54

My Heart's Angel

Xavier

With a long strides I finally reached the ICU, and when I peek on the window of Daniah's room, I suddenly became worried seeing her bed empty and only the monitor and tubes was left inside. Out of panic, I dialed Carlisle's number but when the call went straight to the voicemail, I ran to the Nurse Station.

"Where the hell's the patient in room 208?" I asked, slightly banging the counter. The nurses staff was stunned, but I don't even care now.

"A-ano pong pangalan Sir-?" the one who looks like an intern asked.

"Daniah Phoenix Monteverde.." I quickly answered, cutting her off. Nodding her head, she then quickly check on the computer.

"She was now in Room 310, in 3rd floor sir.." I felt a sudden relief knowing she's safe and was just transfered to another room.

"Thanks.." I said turning away. "Say sorry" But as if someone whispered in my head, I turn back.

"Sorry.." I said, but still with a serious face, earning a nod from them. I couldn't show sympathy, I think sorry was enough. Yes?
Reaching the 3rd floor, I saw Carlisle sitting outside the room, it's just when I came near him that he noticed me. Carlisle stood up and hugged me, and I hugged him back.

" Where's Chyna?" I asked refering to Daniah's friend.

"She went out to buy food, hospital food sucks you know!?" He act like throwing up, but I couldn't believe he let the girl buy there food alone. What a moron. He then tap my shoulder and gestured me to enter the room. I took a deep breath and bite my inner cheek before turning the doorknob.

The room was peacefully quiet, and only the sound of the aircondition can be heard. At the middle of the room there she was, with her sleepy eyes staring at the ceiling. I tried my best to walk quitely, but suddenly stop when she slowly turn her head towards me. I felt my knees weakened and I don't even know how I got to her bed and now I'm hugging her tight.

"Oh God! You're awake!" I whispered, kissing the top of her head. I felt her arms slowly circled around my waiste, and though still weak, tried to tighten the hug, but failed. I smiled at her attempt.

"Does anything hurt? How do you feel? Are you dizzy? Are you thirsty? Do you want to eat? Wait..let me get you some wate-" I slightly lean on her warm soft hands when I felt her touching my cheek.

"O-okay lang ako. Huwag ka nang mag alala.." she smiles at me, and the glow on her eyes that  I've been longing to see for the past weeks, was now staring at me. Glistening. I took her hand, and kissed it. And as I look at her once again, I notice the tears on her eyes.

"A-anong nangyari sayo? B-bakit parang pumayat ka? Hindi ka ba nakakakain ng maayos? Tingnan mong mata mo, parang wala kang tulog?" she asked in a worried voice.
With that, my heart melt. Oh my God! What did I do to deserve this woman. A woman with a heart of gold. She just woke up from coma, and here she was, worrying for me. I hugged her once again, now I know why. Now I know why I've changed. Now I know why I want to be a better person now. It's because of her, I love her. I love her with all my heart.

"I'm sorry..I'm sorry that you went through this. It's my fault. I should've left you alone..I 'm sorry for all the pain I've caused you. I'm sorry for not being there when you're scared, when you needed me the most. I'm sorry Angel.."I wholeheartedly spoke, hugging her slender body. I felt my tears flowing down my cheeks. Oh God! I'm fucking crying. I can't help it. This girl really touched my heart.

"Shhh..wala kang kasalanan. Huwag mong isipin yun..at huwag mo ring sisisihin ang sarili mo..walang may kagustuhan sa mga nangyari, ikaw, ako, hindi natin inasahan ang lahat ng yun.." she said in a very calming voice, while caressing my back.