Chapter 28

Chapter 28

Xavier

I could say that working at The Empire Tagaytay is much more easier than the main branch in Manila. Everything here is in order, and I could easily get all the files I needed with the help of Tita Greta's secretary. I remember her being the second placer in The Star of The Night Award. The girl is tall with a slender body. I could also say that she is beautiful. But NO. Not the same as my angel. My angel's beauty is extraordinary. My angel is a beautiful sight to see, and I will never get tired of looking at her. Every little thing that she do, amaze me.

Now, I'm looking for the best flower delivery service to surprise her. But that doesn't mean that I'm courting her. I just want her to know that I already own her, she is mine. Whether she like it or not.If she don't get it, then that's not my problem anymore.

"Here's the monthly inventory report Sir.." I didnt't notice that the secretary, whom I forgot the name had just entered my office. She laid the folders infront of my desk, and I saw a bruise on her right wrist. My eyebrow raised and my eyes automatically look straight at her. She immediately turned and walk away.

"Wait!" I called to stop her. I don't know, but I felt something strange. I have a feeling that she was being physically abused. We have such many cases like this in The Eagles Eye.

"What's your name again?" I asked. Pretending it's just nothing for me.

"Christine, Sir.." She smiled showing a dimple on one of her cheek. She is more beautiful when she smile.

"Thank you Christine.." I thanked her and turned my attention to the paperworks infront of me. I heard the door open and close, which means she already went out.

It was late at night when I decided to leave the office. I took my phone from my desk as well as my suit that I hanged earlier at the back of my swivel chair. As I'm walking towards my car, I heard a faint sobs. I suddenly stopped and listened to where the voice was coming. And there she was at the third car away from mine. Christine. She was leaning on the car while looking through her phone, probably reading some messages, I'm not sure, but I think I know why she is crying. I put my hands in my pocket, and slowly walked towards her.

"Is there anything I can help?" I asked without looking at her, one of my weakness, was actually to see a woman crying, it just brings back the memory of my Mom who cried a river over my Dad's fault. She seemed shocked to hear me, and instantly wiped her tears and composed herself.

"S-sir? W-what are you doing here? Is there anything you need? A report? Or other transaction? I'm sorry, I didn't able to inform you that I'm leaving earlier.." She continously said. Trying to change the topic, I guess. I really don't want beating around the bush, so I asked her once again.

"No. It's ok. Is there any problem? Why are you crying here in the middle of a dark parking area?"

"W-what? Me? No.. I'm not crying Sir.." She tried to fake a smile, but did not succeed when her glistening eyes drop a single tear.

"I guess not.." I said, crossing my arms infront of my chest and leaned, after putting my suit on the top of the car. Giving her the cue that I'm ready to listen. I just think, she needed help. Afterall, she is an employee, so why not help her? I just want to confirm if what I'm thinking is true. I took out my handkerchief and gave it to her

"So tell me about the bruise.." I asked without making her feel that I was just curious.
She was quite, maybe wondering if I can be trusted or not. But a few moments later, she told me her story, and I admit I am pissed by what she has told me. She was being beaten by her boyfriend. The coward use to beat her everytime they have an argument, basically when she's not ableto give him money. He is also a jealous motherfucker! That is why, she always wear conservative clothes nor does he want her to atleast go out with her friends.

"Then why don't you leave him?" It was an obvious question.

"That was just a common perception, of those people who doesn't know how hard it is.." she answered, wiping her tears once again.

"Well, that was the obvious answer to your problem..right?" yeah. I believe that of you are in a toxic relationship, better leave, or regret it for the rest of your life.

"Would you believe, I tried it so many times? But keep coming back? Because there's a part of me saying, if he will see all my sacrifices, all the things I gave up for him..he will soon realise his mistakes?" she smiled bitterly.

"I do believe..but all I can say is..he don't deserve you.." I look straight into her eyes, down to her lips.

No. She is not my Angel. I won't allow any temptation in my mind now. I am not the man who takes advantage to a weak woman. And I am not the one who forces himself to a woman who is in a vulnerable state. And lastly. She is not my Daniah. If she is Daniah?I will gladly flirt with her.

"Thank you for listening to me Sir..I never thought that for all people, kayo pa talaga ang mapaghihingahan ko ng dinadala ko.." she said with a shy smile.

"We didn't solve the problem yet..do you want me to have him arrested for assulting you?" I raised my eyebrow.

"N-no..please..it's just a misunderstanding sir, I know when I get home tonight, everything's back to normal..so p-please..I really appreciate your concern..but..no.." Well, I definitely know what will be her answer..arrgh..girls!

"Well, okay..if that's what you want..but the next time I saw you like..like this..Expect the unexpected.." I don't want to sound as if I'm warning her. But I guess, she didn't expect my responce.

But to my surprise..she hugged me. I didn't see it coming, she's crying again. Oh geez..! My shirt!

"Thank you..thank you Sir.. I appreciate it.." she whispered, hugging me tight. Ofcourse I will not hug her back. So I lightly pat her shoulder.

"No worries.." I answered, waiting for her to let go. Which she did.

"Oh..sorry for your shirt.." she is refering to my shirt which is a little wet because of her tears. I just smirk, took my suit from the top of the car.

"Is this your car?" I hope it is. Hindi naman sa ayaw kong ihatid pa siya sa kung saan man siya nakatira, I just want to go home now and sleep.

"Yes.." she answered. Okay..so..I can go now..right?

"Okay good..so I need to go now..drive safely.." I told her while backing away resting the suit on my shoulder.

"Mr. Romano.." she called me, which made me a little annoyed. Because only Daniah calls me Mr. Romano in such a sweet voice. But still, I turned my head.

"Thank you again..Goodnight.." She said, then opened her car. I didn't respond, instead continued walking towards my car.

At last..I can't wait to send my surprise to my angel tomorrow. I terribly missed her.

A/N: Oh..Oww..anung ibig sabihin nito😂 I smell something fishy..what do you think my lovely readers? Comment down below❤