Chapter 36

My Heart's Angel

Chapter 36

Xavier

Punch!Punch! Duck! I'm doing my boxing exercise intensely for almost three hours now. I wanted to release everything I feel. I want to tire myself so I could have a good sleep and not to think of her, to forget everything about her. I still cannot believe what I learned about her past. I just can't. Why of all..why her? From the day I met her, she made me feel like I can't live without her anymore. And now I could feel it's happening. I need her. I want to see her. But this fucking destiny is playing with us now. Kaya kong tanggapin kahit sino pa ang naging nakaraan niya. Kaya kong balewalain na hindi ako ang una niyang minahal. But Johansson? Yes! My fucking bastard stepbrother! I never thought it was possible. That the woman I can't get off my mind, whom I starting to love, was once had a past with him. I don't know what to do, whether to forget about all the moments we shared or just accept the truth for the sake of my happiness. She's my angel, she is my happiness.

"I don't want to say anything bad or negative about her, you know..she is nice, she's beautiful..but..what if meeting her was just plotted against you Xave?" I remember what Carlisle said the time we were both shocked about the news. Yeah. He has a point.  But no. Daniah hasn't done anything to me, well I know it was actually me who was chasing her and my poor angel got hurt because of that. But, what if its part of the plan? Damn it! My head is aching! My heart is aching! And it is aching for her.

"Sir, Ms. Monteverde is no longer on your table when I got there. I asked the waiter assigned and he said he noticed she seem bored and suddenly left.." Christine said after I ordered her to check on Daniah and to tell her I'll be back in 5 minutes. I just can't believe, that she cannot even wait. I mean, I left just about 10 minutes and when I tell her I'll be back, I'm gonna come back. I just let it pass, since we have a lot to talk about with Mr. Kingskey. I admit I was worried on her, on how she got home. I will call her as soon as this meeting was over. I thought to myself.

As soon as the meeting was done, I was about to dial her number which I got from my source when I recieved a call from Zach. I am expecting his call since it's about Daniah's ex boyfriend that I asked him to work on and find something about.

"Hey, you want me to spill it here on the phone?or you want us to talk about it and so we could have a good drink?" he said over the phone.

"Nah..I want to know what you find out.." I'm not sure but I felt jealous even I still have no idea about "him".

"O-okay..but are you sure you don't want to drink?" He insisted.

"Zach, say it now.." I'm running out of patience, kung hindi lang siya isa sa pinaka magaling sa grupo, at isa sa mapagkakatiwalaan ko, hindi ko pagtyatyagaan ang paligoy ligoy nya.

"It's been a week when we last hang out ma-" Oh fuck it!

"Zach!" Enough of this bullshit.

"Okay..okay..chill..ah..the man who left Daniah.." What's wrong with him?

"Yes..who is he?" I asked quickly.

"Its.."

"Fucking say it Zach!" I shouted.

"Its your BROTHER! Its Johansson, Xave.." I felt like the world stopped. Suddenly, I felt like I was lost. I can still hear Zach's voice on the other line, but I can't even speak anymore. I turn off my phone still don't know what to do. I'm literally staring at it blankly. Do I still want to talk to her now that I knew it? How can I talk to her after what I've just found out? Do I still like her? Do I really wanna see her despite of it? How can I love a woman who had a past with the person I really hated the most? Is this some kind of a joke? I smiled bitterly. The man I've been looking for how many years now, has been enjoying his fucking life with the woman I've learned to love from the first day I saw her.

I drove back to my penthouse and got drunk all night. I want to forget everything. Though as much as I wanted to wake up from this fucking nightmare, I know I cannot. The next day, I left early to Manila. There's no reason for me to stay here anymore. I felt like I am stupid. I'm such a fool to fall for a woman for a short period of time. I wasn't thinking. Was I?

But until now, even weeks had past, I still can't get through it. I spent most of the night getting drunk, and in the morning like now, I'm tiring myself to workout or anything else that could make me forget all about her. But still I can't. I'm stuck with this feeling of missing her. Wanting to see her. Wanting to touch her. There are times when I wanted to call her, or to track where she is, I even wanted to pay a visit on their house even just to watch her from afar. I know it's stupid.

But why is it that when I am now ready to love for the very first time, it seems that destiny is trying to hold it back?

Fuck! I want to scream! I punch again! And punch another one! I won't stop until I no longer feel these wrath and regret. Wrath for Johansson for ruining my life until now! And regret for a love that I never got the chance to show and to feel.

I stopped releasing another punch as I've heard my phone rang over my bluetooth earpiece. Leaving my sweaty hand wraps on my hand, I sat down on the nearest bench beside the ring.

"Xave we need to talk.." Carlisle's voice echoed on the other line.

"What is it now?" I answered breathlessly. I don't have time for bullshit, now that all I want is to be alone.

"Xave, we saw Johansson.." my eyes narrowed from what I've heard.

"Where is he?" I asked with a raging voice.

"He is now bwing followed by our men. But I don't know how would you react if you hear the other news.." I did not answer. But I could feel my heart beat so fast.

"While following him, one of man saw the bastard..with.." He paused hesistantly.

"With Daniah.." he continued with a low voice, as if emphatizing.

"Are you fucking kidding me, Carl?" I growl. All of a sudden I was feeling jealous and betrayed again.

"We have photos Xave. And..and now we are working on how to get your fucking brother into our trap..and maybe..that will include Daniah.." what?

"Fuck no! No Carl! Leave Daniah out of this!" I shouted.

"Xave, we are not saying Daniah was one of Johansson's accomplices, I could feel she is out of this, and she is a hundred percent innocent bro! But we need her to catch that mice.." Now I'm confused. I could see Daniah's angelic face, smiling because of that piece of shit.

"Xave.. I know what you feel for her. I know you. You weren't acting like yourself lately..You felt betrayed? Hell yes! Ofcourse man! But don't you ever judge too early..You'll never know it until the truth comes out.." The asshole was now giving me advice huh?

"And Xave..one more thing..Constantine was now keeping an eye on him too..and I gues..you know what's gonna happen if he finds out about Daniah.." Damn it! Constantine! I know we had an agreement about Johansson, he wants to kill him for betraying him and double crossing him. God knows what he can do. If he finds out what Daniah and Johansson had in the past, he will surely use Daniah as a bait. But knowing Johansson, I know he will not give a damn about her.

I am now torn between my personal feelings and what's the right thing to do. Fucking Johansson! He made my life even worse now. Though I am not worried about myself, but for my angel. My sweet angel. My heart's angel.

"Xave? Are you still there?" I almost forgot that Carl was still on the line.

"Yeah.." I answered lowly.

"Okay, I guess you need a rest, a nap maybe. I'm coming over tonight so we could talk about it.."

"Okay.." when the call ended, I took off my earpiece and disconnected it from my phone, then suddenly, I receive another incoming call, but this time from unknown number, I didn't bother to reconnect my earpiece so I pressed the green button on the screen and answer it.

"Who's this?" I asked straight to the point.

"Well hello to you too, my dear old friend.." the voice on the other line was the same low and husky voice I used to hear when I was in Highschool. I let out a sigh.

"Constantine.."

itutuloy..