Chapter 24

Chapter 24

Two weeks later..

Xavier

"What did you find?" I asked Zach. I crossed my arms over my chest, waiting for him to spiel it. I had just finished reviewing reports of The Eagles Eye.

"Daniah Phoenix Monteverde, 27 years old, born December 24, 1992. Only Child of her late father Augustus Monteverde, and Maribela Monteverde, father commited suicide because of depression for the loss of his wife, Daniah was left on her father's side. She was a working student, working as a spa receptionist, she managed to support herself for school, and was able to finish a two year course, which is Bachelor of Science Major in Business Management. When she was 23, she had a boyfriend for 3 years, his name is John and they lived together for less than 1 year, we didn't get the name, or any photo of the guy.. But then, a certain neighbor said, they didn't work, the guy left her without saying..you know..goodbye..that's the time when she decided to come and live in Tagaytay, and lastly, kaya maganda siya, ay dahil may dugo silang Russian." Pagtatapos nito. I shoot him a deadly glare, before turning my eyes to the folders he gave me.

"Find him.." Zach managed to mentain a serious face and nod, though we both know, it will be hard, since there is no photos or anything that will determine who is he.

I don't know, but for the last two weeks I've saw her, hindi siya maalis sa isip ko. I missed her. I know it was too fast. But I can't help it. I don't care if we just met for a couple of days, I dont even care what people will say or think. I want to know everything about her. I want to know the people around her.

"I want feedback within a week..your dismissed.." Agad namang lumabas si Zach and I was left alone, still thinking of her.

I want to see her again. Though, I already told her that was the last time she will see me. I knew it was a lie. I knew I will keep coming back to her. I knew it was just me, who wants to run away. Run away from the feelings that is starting to grow in me. But I can't. She can make me smile effortless. She makes me feel like I have someone to protect, by the fact that she is so innocent and harmless.

Thats why I've come to the idea of checking her background. My angel despite of being naive, is strong. It just saddens me that she also have to live alone in just a young age. Just a typical girl in school, no friends? Maybe because she spends most of her time resting after work. No criminal record, ofcourse. Unknown boyfriend for three years, named John. Xavier..my name is much more handsome than John?yes?ofcourse.

There is something in me that is aching to find that bastard. For what? I dont even know. Why did he left Daniah without saying anything. Stupid. How could he left an angel? How could he left a treasure?

Im actually planning to go back to Tagaytay after I finished reviewing all the monthly reports, and pending transactions of The Empire and Eagles Eye, the other businesses has it's own people whom I can trust. I personally handle these two. For the fact that The Empire was a memory of my mother, and The Eagles Eye, is ofcourse where my family is now, Carlisle and the rest of the gang.

I can feel my heart beating excitedly thinking I could see her again, how will she react the moment I took my first step. Yes. But no. I will not court her. It's not my type. Though I know my angel will not that easy to get. But theres no harm in trying. Rejection? As if I care. No one rejects a Romano.

My phone rang as Im about to stand and leave the office.

"What?" agad kong tanong.

"What the fuck man, didn't you missed me?" Carlisle's voice echoed on my bluetooth headset.

"Stop fucking with me, what is it?" I have no time talking nonsense now.

"Okay..I just want to know what happen to your dinner date with Daniah.." he hesitantly asked.

"Why do you want to know?" I answered him with a question.

"I just want to make sure you didn't screwed up..hahaha" the nerve of this fucker to laugh at me huh..

"Listen! I don't have to tell you what happened, so better mind your own business.." then I remembered his date.

"What about your date? How many rounds?" I turned the table now.

"Ughh..she's not my type. She's beautiful, but a book lover is not my type..we just talk and talk and talk..walang thrill man.." now, he is the one who screwed up.

"So you're telling me you didn't get the first base?" may himig na pang aasar ko.

"No..yes..I mean..yeah..no.." he answered stuttering. I let out a small laugh.

"She's Tita Greta's secretary you know, I don't want to cause any problems in the future, because that Christine seems clingy.." dagdag pa nito.

"Clingy?" I swear, sometimes I don't get Carlisle's choice of words.

"Clingy..doesn't stop calling, constantly checking on you..wants to be with you everyhere..something like that..well I hope you're gonna be like that to Daniah..coz she will not be comfortable.." and how the hell did he knew that?

"Shut the fuck up Carl..I want to rest, have to hang up.." I told him. I sleep probably 2 to 3 hours a day. I could hardly sleep since the day my mom passed away and I can't remember when was the last time I had a good one.

"Yeah man, do you want me to send Daniah there, so you could have a good slee-" I hang up before he can finish pestering me.

I know, the day would come that I would be with Daniah, and when it happens, I will never let her go.

Short update❤