Chapter 9

Neil turns his head around and saw Avni asleep with her head resting against the window. He felt guilty for avoiding her and being rude. He caressed her face and carefully puts his arm around her shoulder.

He placed her head on his shoulder gently. He pecks side of her head. He got hold of a book that he was reading earlier.

He opens the page and began to read. His arm still wrapped around her shoulder.

He closed the book and glanced down looking at her who coughed sitting straight up. He puts the book down and quickly opens the water bottle and passed it to her.

She looks at him taking the bottle water and gulps it down.

Neil pats her back worriedly as she took some sips before giving the bottle back to him.

Neil : baby are you okay?

He softly whispers. She nodded her head placing her head against the window.

Avni : I'm okay Neil. I got thirsty.

Neil : you won't feel sick.

Avni : I don't know. My head is spinning too. Do you have medicine with you?

Neil nodded his head and took a medicine out and give it to her. She took the medicine and leans back on her seat closing her eyes.

He really looked worried. He closed the window and turning his head back found all the students sleeping or engrossed in their conversations.

He turns back and continues to stroke her hair lightly. He pecks her head and looks outside of window pulling her close to his chest.

He softly calls her name out.

Neil : baby, baby wake up.

Her eyes wider opens staring him. She stares him straightening her head looking at the front.

Avni : have we reached?

Neil : no baby! We are going to stop to grab some food and small break for everyone.

She nodded head and looks outside of window gazing at the view.

Neil was the last time on to get down the coach. His eyes fell on Avni who starts walking with Riya.  He looked away and cursed himself bumping into Juhi.

Juhi turns around and was about to shout but stops seeing Neil and smirks.

Juhi : I didn't knew, you had liking towards me Neil.

Neil : huh! Excuse me. Which planet do you come from? Who said I like you? Have you seen yourself?

Juhi : Neil. How can you say like that? You don't have hurt my feelings.

Neil : feelings. Do you even feel anything? Now move aside.

Neil walks past her who stomps her foot and groans in anger feeling offended whatever Neil muttered.

She turns around and got the glimpse of Neil smiling at Avni. She knows something was wrong between them. She walks towards the students while smirking knowing what she has to do to break the sweet innocent bond between them.

Everyone brought something to eat or drink. They all sat around and starts eating meanwhile Neil looking at Avni stood up and starts walking towards her.

Neil : Avni! Can I have a word with you?

Avni looks at him and nodding her head stands up following him. They both moves in the corner.

Avni : what happened Neil? Why did you call me here?

Neil : baby please be careful. And don't stay alone. I don't trust this Juhi.