Chapter 28

His eyes glances upwards looking at time and realising how late he stayed back in office to complete his work. He deeply sighs and closing the file and shutting his computer along with laptop he pushed the chair back and stands up tidying up his desk.

He took his blazer and holding in his left hand and glances down at his phone he hadn't checked since lunchtime. He took his phone and shoved it in his pocket. He also stuffs his laptop in hie briefcase and starts walking to exist.

He closed the cabin door locking it properly. He walks through the corridor taking his phone out to see if he had received any messages from Avni. He stops and frowns seeing a lights still on one of the department offices. 

He starts walking through the corridor and got confused reaching towards Avni's cabin and wondered why she is still in office when she was supposed to be at home this time.

He pushed the door and stood at the entrance finding her fallen sleep resting her head on the desk.
He deeply sighs and made his way towards the desk and stood behind the desk staring his baby girl.

He pats her head and softly starts calling her name out.

Neil : baby.. wake up. Baby.

Her eyes flicks up and lifting her head she blurry looks at him. She stares him who chuckles at her antics and strokes her cheek gently.

Neil : why didn't you go home? You shouldn't be sleeping here baby. Why are you overworking? You supposed to be at home and relaxing not working at office baby. Did someone say tell you up over work?

He didn't let her speak. She looks at her with her mouth wide open and rubbing her eyes. She even covers her mouth as she yawns looking  at him.

Avni : I'm sorry Neil. I was going to leave but then I thought of some work needs urgently to be completed. No one forced me to work after my working hours are over. It was my decision Neil.

Neil : but baby! Why are you stressing yourself? You could have finished next day. There is no need of you working till this late. You should think about your health baby. You can fall ill like this. I don't want you to get sick baby. I care so much about you.

She held his hand and kissed back of his hand and looks at him assuring she's okay.

Avni: I'm okay Neil. Even you were working till late. Can we not argue now? Shall we go home?

Neil sighs and nodded his head agreeing to her. She gave him bright smile and kissing his cheek wraps her belongs and looks at him who was ready to leave.

Neil interlocks their hands and walks out of the cabin. He took his phone out and looks at the time.

Neil : it's already late. I believe you didn't have anything to eat after lunch. Would you like have dinner outside or at home?

Avni : i really want to dunk inside my bed and have Maggie or we can order something on our way to home. What say?

He looks at the guards who got locking up the office and nodding his head at him headed to his car. He took his key out and opens the door.

Neil : it sounds wonderful. We can absolutely order pizza or make Maggie at home. Let's go home first.

She smiles opening the door and settling herself inside the car. She fastens the seatbelt and turns the radio on putting Arijit Singh songs.

He shook his head and fastening his seatbelt he looks at her before he forge away. While driving he slips his hand inside his pocket and took his phone out. He hands her his phone and turns his gaze back on the roads.