Chapter 8

He taps his foot on the ground staring the time. He couldn't hold himself from shouting. His shout scared Bebe who comes down the stairs and looks at her.

Bebe : Neil, why are you shouting?

Neil : Bebe! I'm sorry. Did I scared you?

Bebe : yes. You did. Why are you shouting? What happened?

Neil : this girl takes forever to get ready. I told her to be ready by 8am. Look at the time. It's 8: 20. We have to be in college by 9. What shall I do with this girl?

He received a slap from Bebe. He looks at Bebe and frowns seeing her glaring at him.

Bebe : how dare to say something like that?

Neil shook his head and understood not argue with Bebe. His eyes fell towards the stairs where his baby walks down the stairs dressed up in jeans and with cream top with jacket on top.

He wasn't able to be his eyes away from her. He didn't even acknowledge when Bebe left from there leaving the couple alone.

He snaps head and sheepish smiles at her who smirks in return.

Avni : where are you lost Neil?

Neil : baby, where do you think I would be lost? Obviously in you. How can be you be so gorgeous? My heart pounds faster whenever I see you.

She smiles and tiptoes cupping his face and placed a kiss on his forehead. Neil smiles and looks at her.

Neil : what took you so long to get ready?

Avni : Neil. I'm warning you. Don't even go there.

Neil chuckles seeing her snapping out. He cups her face and placed a kiss on forehead.

They both got startled and distanced away looking at Prakash who clears his throat coming down the stairs.

Neil: morning dad!

Prakash : morning Neil. What is happening? Why didn't you both leave yet? You guys will miss your bus.

Neil : I'm not fault here. It's your daughter who takes forever to get ready. We are getting late because of her.

Avni crossed her arms and threw a glare at Neil before standing beside Prakash and starts complaining to him.

Avni : dad! He's lying. I don't really take that long to get ready. Do I?

Prakash: absolutely no beta. You don't need to heed to his words.

Neil wasn't really surprised knowing Prakash should always support Avni. He shook his head and looks at the time.

Neil : Avni. I need to start going otherwise we will be late.

She looks at him nodding her head. At the same time swetha comes out with a basket in her hand with filled with snacks and food.

Neil : mom, this is not needed. Why did you trouble so much?

Swetha : why do you say like that Neil? It's not trouble making foods for you a lot. I still wished you both had breakfast but I can't be to selfish. Can I?

Neil shook his head and side hugs her pecking her head.

Neil : you're the best mom I could ever get.

Swetha chuckles and slapped his arm.

Swetha : you don't need to butter me  now. Now you both should leave. And yes have something to eat on your way.

Neil nodded his head and looks at Avni who had already taken a foil out that were wrapped around a wrap. She took a bite making swetha smile in victory.