Chapter 26

Her eyes blurs up gazing the screen for too long. She looks at the time and it was almost lunch time. She sighs and saving the work and shutting the compute she pushed the chair back and stood up stretching her body.

She took her phone and thought of messaging Neil about lunch but before she could do, she received message from him.

" hello baby! Hope you're comfortable working and not having any difficult. If you have any worries then let someone know in your team or come straight to me. You know where I am. Oh crap I forgot to mention baby. I have a meeting at 12pm. I won't be able to have lunch with you as promised. Please have your lunch on time. Ask anyone to show you the canteen. I will see soon as i finish the meeting. Bye take care. I love you baby.".

She smiles widely reading the message and sighing to herself walks out of the cabin looking way to canteen. She walks through the corridor and smiles at colleague who greets her.

She was on her way to canteen when she heard someone calling her name. She turns around and found Rahul walking towards her with a smile on his lips.

Rahul : hello Avni! Are you heading to canteen?

Avni : hello Rahul, yes I'm going to canteen. Do you want to join me?

Rahul : absolutely I wouldn't miss a change having lunch with the most beautiful girl.

Her cheeks turns red hearing him complimenting her. She shook her head and looks at him biting her inner cheeks.

Avni : you do know I'm taken Rahul. I wouldn't really appreciate you flirting with me. I can complain to your boss.

He laughs and wraps his arm around her shoulder starts walking towards canteen.

Rahul: what a bad unfortunate situation is this? I missed such beautiful opportunity to date you.

She slaps his shoulder and laughs out gaining so many attentions on them as they got inside the canteen and looks for empty table. She stops laughing and roams her eyes around the canteen and got embarrassed getting weirds looks from people.

Rahul sensing the problem he looks at her then people who quickly looked away focusing on their own business. He calls her name out shaking her shoulder. She comes out of her thoughts and looks at him.

Rahul : where are you lost? Come let's order something to eat. I'm really hungry.

She nodded her head and follows him to table where they sat down and looks at him who was already staring her.

Avni : why are they staring me? Is it because I'm dating their boss? Oh god. This is so bad. Do I have to faces this kind situation very often. I can't even imagine what will happen tomorrow.

Rahul : hey Avni! Relax. Why are you getting worked up? This is normal for them. It doesn't matter if you date a boss or anyone people loves gossiping about others people personal matters? You shouldn't stress much. You have come to work here, you should focus on your work and not worry about others things takes place in office. You can always report it to Raj or Neil sir if anyone bullies or troubles you. I'm sure people wouldn't even think to mess with you because they know what the consequences will be. They would think twice before troubling you. You shouldn't worry about all these. Now tell me what would you like to eat? They mad awesome sandwiches. Do you want to try it?

Avni was so glad someone understands her so well after her family. She smiles at Rahul.

Avni : thank you so much Rahul making me so comfortable. I really appreciate that. I'm not much hungry so I'll  have one sandwich.

Rahul: why just one sandwich? It won't fill up. Are you sure you are not hungry?

She nodded her head while he tries her convincing her to order something else but she refused it. He sighs and getting up from his seat went to order while she took her phone out and thought of dropping a message but stops as she heard someone's presence behind her. She turns around and looks at a girl who was staring her. She shrugs her shoulder and smiles at the girl who rolls her eyes while glaring her.