Chapter Fifty Three [ The Last Night ]

Dogs of War [ Chapter 53 ]: Arc Three Finale.

Title: [ The Last Night. ]

XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

_______

______________

__________________

___________________

______________________

The world which existed beyond everything known to man was graced by gentle weather. If you were to only go by how the area felt, you'd mistake the land for a Spring day, gentle and cool, things went undisturbed as the birds flew. Some were red, others blue, landing and flying up into trees. With an ever-expanding field of grass that stretched on forever, the land which represented the best of nature forever stood untouched by the hands of men.

A dark sky mounted itself over the plains, while the crimson moon hung openly over the world, looking down with an ever-watchful eye. Yet in the center of it all, stood the familiar figure of a woman with horns and long light blue hair, dressed in a beautiful white dress, it paled when compared to her delicate face. The guardian, Tiamat, looked ever peaceful as her lips curved up and her eyes softened, looking down at the person who rested their head on her lap, caressing their face with her left hand while the right ran her fingers through their long hair.

"Ahhh... He looks so peaceful when sleeping," She whispered, looking at Y/n as she spoke, picking up a strand of his hair before frowning as her eyes studied the gray and white which mixed itself with the red... "So terrible, you're so young... But, you're being asked so much," She lamented, shaking her head slightly before blowing a little air from her lips.

"It's dangerous to be so giving, little brother... But, I know your plans, and I can't say I don't understand you...," Tiamat said to herself, raising her shoulders before letting them down. "Haa... My children are an example of that much."

( I have watched over you since you were a boy, and now you have become just like me, a parent. It's so strange... To see this take place in your life, yet so familiar. Those girls...) Tiamat thought to herself, smiling a little as she continued to think. "The prince has become a king, and has given us a princess in return... She is a wonderful little girl, he should be proud of that."

"...Erm," Y/n muttered, moving in his sleep as Tiamat blinked her eyes in return, her smile growing as she laughed a little.

"Huh, was that all it took...?" She questioned, watching Y/n stir and begin to wake, no doubt in for a surprise when he realizes he is no longer in bed with his daughter...but

"Tia...?" Y/n slowly asked, opening his dull gold eyes and meeting the jewel-like ones that were Tiamat's. Rubbing his eyes, he rose from her lap and turned to face her, all the while taking notice that he was back in a world he hadn't seen in years, turning to face her, he found that the woman was smiling sweetly at him while also giving him a small wave.

"...Hello again, Y/n-Huh?! Heyy!"

The woman suddenly let out a little squeal as the redhead, without warning, snatched her up into his warm arms, holding her tightly as he said nothing. Taken by surprise, it took the guardian a moment to compose herself, a small blush on her face as she sighed, looking to the side a little to find the larger man resting his head on her shoulder. Without a word, the woman smiled and closed her eyes, patting the man on the head as he simply hugged her. Tiamat could feel how tense he was, along with how slowly he began to relax.

"...I'm sorry. I just need this...," The man muttered under his breath, feeling the woman's gentle touch travel down his back and up, causing him to let out soft breaths as he held her, slowly breathing as his heart which started as a pounding drum slowly fizzled to a small beat. Hearing her giggle and hugging him in return, the woman he called a sister moved him a little so that he rested his head on her chest, giving him a small peck on the head as she laughed.