Chapter Five

[Chapter 5]

"Finally! I can actually see something other than a damn forest or tree!" Y/n shouted with a bit of joy. Riding on Sif, he could see a city up ahead, well a mile or two away, but he was happy nonetheless. The morning sun seems to stare directly back at the party, indicating to them the direction they should follow.

"Ah good, I'm glad to see you in such high spirits, Sir Y/n. Yes, our month-long journey is finally reaching its climax. Though I must inquire, judging by your face, you've never actually seen a city this large have you?" Arthur asked Y/n, riding beside him on a brown horse while looking up towards the male. The young king was dressed in a far cleaner, and overall nicer pair of clothes. Along with his armor, Arthur had Caliburn's sheath attached to his side, wrapped in cloth so as to not draw attention, too early.

"Well, you aren't wrong. You're actually right about something for once. But yeah! I'm pretty excited, when I came over to your country, the most "jaw dropping' thing I saw was Sif, well aside from our meeting. So, actually being able to see a city this large has me pretty excited. Ehh, I was raised in a small village for most of my life, well there were also the years on the island." Y/n said with a thoughtful expression before shrugging his shoulders. Looking back at Arthur, he saw the blonde giving him a look.

"Right for once? Have I made a mistake I'm not aware of?" Arthur asked, narrowing his eyes, a little annoyed. Placing a hand to his chin, Y/n smiled a little. Kay who was beside Arthur, riding his own steed, and Merlin who rode on Sif, sitting behind Y/n, both began to listen in.

"Well, you did think I was a saxon, which really? You think a guy like me could lie? Then ya thought you won our battle...Which I clearly won! So, I can currently count your mistakes on one hand." Y/n said, his tone being rather sarcastic. His words seemed to strike a cord in Arthur, as a tick mark appeared in the blonde's hair.

"Sir Y/n, while you may be correct on one subject, I suggest you rethink what you have said, as I clearly won our duel. Even Merlin, a woman of great knowledge, agrees with me, right?" Arthur asked, both the redhead and blonde looked over to the woman for her input. Merlin herself found the two teenagers a good bit of entertainment to pass the time.

"Well...If you two are still hung up over a small duel. I'm sure a rematch can be scheduled for a later date." Merlin calmly replied, but try as she might, couldn't entirely hide the amssument at their antics. Crossing his arms, Arthur smiled and nodded his head, agreeing with the woman.

"I see no issue in that, even if he fights like a barbarian, Y/n is a warrior I respect and would not mind dueling again. Still, I don't wish to hear him complain after I win once again. Even if he's already acting like a sore loser..." Arthur said under his breath at the end.

Pot calling the kettle black right there. Still, those two seem to be getting along better. Ehh, the guy is different, but Y/n isn't as bad as I thought. Kay thought, smirking a little as Arthur and Y/n continued their banter. Arthur wincing as Y/n pinched his ear.

"A sore loser huh? Ya gotta lot of nerve, King. I'm not the brat who got speared into a lake."

"I see no interest in hearing the words of a brute who cannot properly wield a sword. Do you expect to fight me with just your hands?" Arthur asked, irritated, knocking away the older boy's hand.

"Yes I infact do! I was trained in a variety of weapons if you must know. Besides, you're the one who destroyed my sword!" Y/n replied, no doubt in his voice.

The two glared at each other, Y/n grinning, and Arthur having a determined look in his eyes. Yet, the tense atmosphere was brought back down to earth as Merlin's giggles became apparent. Laughing at both of them.