Chapter Thirty Three

[ Chapter 33 ]

Paradise. It was used to describe the Garden of Eden, the supposed first home of man. But no matter, for the word, as short as it may be, promises much. It springs forth the idea of a land, realm, and world, that is beyond the reach of the wicked, without the idea of harm, and bringing only peace. Aligning itself with calm days and serene nights, a paradise is something we could consider a perfect world.

But, there's so much more to it, isn't it? When speaking and discussing something as grand as paradise, we must not forget that there are many who have their own belief about what it is. Some call it heaven, a land where they'll never die, and the same for their loved ones. While others search for a land that is much like them, hoping to find like-minded folks to settle and discuss with, a land of comradery. And few, rather than find paradise, wish to make one of their own, a goal requiring the will of a great leader, though some leaders wish for such a thing, solely for those they have been entrusted with.

Nevertheless, the world we wish to call paradise should guarantee at least the following. Peace, serenity, love, and even everlasting happiness. It's a tall order to deliver, some might call it impossible. But, no, sometimes, rarely, but sometimes the ever-distant paradise can be found, earned, and given.... When it is shared with the one you most cherish.

"Hmm, I wonder when he'll be ready? Just smelling it from here makes me very excited..." Artoria said to herself, smiling a little as she rested, looking out the window.

Who was this woman, certainly not King Arthur? Golden blonde hair that flowed past her shoulders, falling past her back, and the body of a woman and not a girl, her eyes held a warmth in them yet still carried her usual sense of maturity. She was stunning, no mere eye candy, but carried a mature form of beauty to her, one that could be found in a mother's figure. So, while this wasn't King Arthur, it may just be Artoria Pendragon.

Gentle as the breeze that moved past, she looked out an open window, leaning her head out as she rest a hand under her chin, there was a form of contentment in her emerald stare, as she looked out the window and into the fields that went out, plains of grass outstretching as far as the eye could see. Yet, in that field, were the apples of her eye.

"Haha, I wonder if they'll fight to see who gets there first, I guess I should feel bad... They did inherit my appetite after all." Artoria stated, looking at the red and blonde-haired children that played in the field. Some were boys, and a lot were girls, though they all varied in age. They numbered past seven and were likely more than ten, which meant they were all the more trouble, their father certainly must be proud of that.

"Artemis, tell Apollo to stop cheating!" A younger boy shouted, green eyes and red hair, and small as a tree sprout. He had the appearance of the word meek but had such pinchable cheeks.

"Oi! It isn't cheating... I'm just effectively winning." A much taller blonde-haired boy said, his arms crossed and red eyes desperately trying to not look anyone in the eye as a girl his age suddenly slapped him on the back of the head.

"I cannot believe Father named you after a god when you're a freaking cheat..." Artemis said, annoyed, her red bangs covering her golden eyes, which seemed rather scary to both boys as she glared at Apollo. Both were the same age, twelve, yet it was clear who was actually the oldest.

"The twins are arguing again!" A redheaded child said, making the other children stop and take a look, beginning to whisper among each other.

"Do you think they'll fight again? Big brother got his butt kicked pretty bad last time..." A girl asked.

"Maybe, what about mom and dad? Will they be mad? I don't wanna get in trouble because of them..." Another girl responded to her sibling.

"Ehh, dad will probably just laugh and break them up.... But mom..." A boy suddenly interrupted, the last part causing all the kids nearby a mutual feeling of fear.