Chapter Sixteen

[ Chapter 16 ]

.....

........

............

...............

Britain, an Island plagued by war

Britain, an Island plagued by war. The land was guarded by its "White Knights", and "Holy King". A King who wields a sword that is said to promise victory. Excalibur, its legend and arrival serves as a sign that this war will soon come to an end, bolstering the hope the people have in their King, Arthur.

Making the young man a beacon of the word hope. As, it is he who wields such a blade, and who possesses both the hopes and dreams of his people. A noble role indeed.

So, is it no surprise that the country seems so serene tonight?

Darkened skies that casted a shadow over the land were decked in glitter and gold, glazing the sky above in stars. The stars covered the sky above in twinkling light, as the moonlight present glowed, shining itself down onto the earth.

The translucent gray clouds covered and hid portions of the light, a reminder that the burning lights which we find ourselves in wonder about are still so far out of reach. Yet if even one were to fall, maybe even a wish could be granted.

Yet the night had only begun, as down below the large city seemed to glow a warm hue, as lanterns lit the area. Even in the dark times they were in, spirits were high. What was there to fear, they asked themselves. The citizens, and people of Britain saw no need to hurry and sleep, as they had an army ready and willing.

The city was alive, the people, both young and old venturing out of their homes, partying and enjoying the nightlife pleasantries. Trade was alive tonight. As even after daybreak business had not ended, especially so if you owned a tavern.

The boastful and loud were present and ready, entering bars and perhaps even brothels. The young men are venturing and hoping to make the most of their youth.

But in the far end of this loud and alive city, laid the large home of its lord and keeper. Taken the form of a castle and court, its size was enough to make most agape. For not only was it a home, but a place where business between families of "higher status" was conducted and done.

So the home did serve as a court in that sense. For not only the lord stayed there along with his family. But at times, even his allies.

Lanterns and chandeliers lit by only a flame's light covered the hall in a warm hue. Decorated in all a lavish lifestyle could afford, the walls themselves looked to be worth more than the homes down below.

The glass windows give access to both the light from the moon on high, and privy to the people far below. The cool blue from above contrasts the warm golden hue from below.

Even Morgan could appreciate the view.

With soft footsteps that never seemed to echo or rang out, the woman found herself walking down the halls of the home, back to the room she had been given. A calm and collected look present on her face, yet her figure and eyes carried an almost intimidating presence.