Chapter Eleven

[ Chapter 11 ]

Third Person Pov:

"Hmm..." Merlin hummed a song down the halls. Made of cobble and stone, the walls were decorated by some paintings. Moving gently, her steps were barely a whisper, fitting for the "Magus of Flowers". With her hood up, her face was obstructed from view. In her hand was a white staff with a blue gem centered at the top. Her expression being a calm one, though the song she hummed must have been a good one, evident by the small curve of her lips going upward.

The sunlight that drifted through the windows lit what was once a dark and gloomy hallway, giving a ray of bright sunlight that brought a sense of warmth to both her and the area itself. Making it more lively. Glancing towards the windows, Merlin could see the baby blue sky, along with its gentle clouds that drifted along. The almost brilliant day light brought a sense of irony to the woman. Stopping her pace, and ending her song, she began to ponder.

My, even if the land were to be painted in red, I'm sure even a star could be found in its gloom. Even the ugly and disgusting serve its use. No one would wish for a world of just sweets would they? No, even the sour has its use. Merlin thought, smiling a little more.

As she said, even if the land were to be piled with the dead, there would always be something good, welcoming, to parallel it. It was how life was, and shall always be. No matter how dirty the world may get, gold and glitter could be found in it. To wallow and somber over the dark aspects was a nature not found in her. No, she looked at both, knowing each were important, never placing one over the other, yet always ready to remind others of the better. An objective optimism worth her prestige.

"Ah, let's not waste time. It would be poor of me to arrive late." Merlin said in a calm tone, reminding herself of today's appointment. After all, it was an important one, well for him at least. She had given her word had she not? Resuming her original pace, Merlin began making her way down the hall once again. Her quiet presence was unaware of the rest that made up this fortress. Making haste would not be necessary, even at her pace. Like a flower diffting, soon she would eventually arrive at her destination.

Ah, Y/n boy, let's not keep you waiting. Do your best not to waste my time, I wouldn't wish to punish you, dear boy. Merlin thought to herself, silently giggling at the thought of having to discipline the male. Her king still hadn't decided on his punishment over his drunken behavior, so perhaps she could take matters into her own hands? No that would be wrong, she thought. Still, what did the dear boy look like when scared?

No, I need not worry, with the way you picked me up, if he were to show even a little of that passion he displayed, I'm sure you will be fine, fufu~.

"Y/n tell me, what do you consider your strongest trait? What does a boy such as you believe to be your greatest asset, what guarantees you victory?" Merlin asked, her tone searching for an answer from him, gone was the teasing woman from before. Replaced by a woman who held the posture of a skilled and experienced teacher. Looking at him as if he were her student, which he currently was. Her arms crossed, standing straight.

The two were currently in a temporary workshop of hers, while a little messy the cobblestone walls were lined with shelves. Some shelves were holding magical tools and items she had made or collected over her time, while on some shelves there were rows of books, something that caught the attention of a red-haired male. The room was one that sparked a lot of curiosity from the male, the urge to ask a million questions at once was a hard one to suppress. Maybe that's why his teacher never thoroughly taught him about runes, well that and the fact he couldn't be able to use them.

Across from her sat her student, seated in a wooden brown chair that looked rather comfortable, and next to a long rectangular desk covered by a long blue cloth. Y/n was also showing a change in attitude. The normally smiling man gives the white haired woman a calm stare, a serious look finding its way into his eyes. Legs and arms crossed, the normally carefree man was sitting up right, back to the chair. His demeanor suggesting the obvious, he was taking this seriously.