Chapter Eighteen

(A/n: Heads up, the following chapter takes place in the past.)

[ Chapter 18 ]

........

..........

................

..................

In a room meant for the throne of a king, white walls lined the interior. On the right and left were large glass windows. Morning light giving a glow to the room. Art and tapestry lined across the area, decorating it. On each side of the walls stood servants and guards wearing silver.

In its middle was a large rectangular table, made of an off white marble, light blue designs lining the sides of it from top to bottom. Seated on each side in chairs were members of court. From the most plump of nobles, to the hardened faces of actual leaders. Those who sat beside and across from each other, often giving one another the stink eye, were all under the command of the one who sat at the head of the table.

Swearing loyalty to the name King Arthur.

Families that once fought each other like warlords for control of territory, men who cared more for their coin's worth rather than that of the people they governed, and even those who did hold a righteous purpose that was directed to the safety of this very Island.

Over the course of six years, laid down the blades pointed at each other's neck, and found themselves under the banner of the prophesied king, their "savior". For among the court were also those who had once served under and even alongside this man's late father. The late Uther Pendragon. Having long awaited the coming of this "Red Dragon".

For at the table's head, was Arthur. The blonde's green eyes held a calm fixed gaze that most would find themselves troubled to read. Unable to see a fault in the crowned king. As, the boy who had been made a man, had lost not once in the art of war. A god of war incarnated into the form of man.

Yet, untouchable as he seemed, Arthur was not without his critics, especially so when a key piece of his had been stricken...

"Ever since that night, not only have they grown bolder and far more aggressive, the failure of that Knight has allowed Vortigern to roam freely, leading his men into conflict against our own without an ounce of fear!" The disgruntled voice that had come from the left side drew the room's attention as he continued on. "For being famed as your 'hound', that man was reportedly beaten like a pup!"

The news was still fresh in their minds. Sir Y/n had been beaten to near death by the hands of the "White Dragon". Of course, his true state had been hidden, as a miracle by the hands of Merlin had occurred. Yet, as the knight slept, many awaited when he'd wake. The crutch of Arthur was being pointed at said king.

Arthur's eyes for a moment hardened at the outspoken man's words, as briefly a fire had been lit in them. Yet, as fast as it came, logic seemed to win over emotion, allowing the blonde to stare calmly at the man who had disrespected Y/n. Thereby insulting the king as well.

"If you can speak, surely you can stand and face me?" Arthur answered in the direction of the voice. The King's voice caused all from refuting the man, his authority was absolute, for when he spoke no else was to. Placing the spotlight on the man, Arthur only continued, speaking calmly. "Do voice your grievances, now is the time to do so."

Rising out of his seat, the man was dressed in black clothes, gold lining the cloth. With a fairly young face, and brown eyes that looked towards the king with confidence. The man with short black hair looked to be the youngest at the table, excluding the ageless king. A possible upstart.