Chapter Fifteen

[ Chapter 15 ]

The morning sun stood tall this day, its light covering the country in a brilliance of light. For both the sky above and earth below were illuminated by the morning light. A baby blue colored sky was in view, as the ground below was colored in bright green fields that stretched as far as the eye could see. Yet, what seemed to be a peaceful morning couldn't be further from the truth.

CLANG!

Far off in the land, situated in a heavily guarded fortress that was close to a neighboring city, the sound of metal, steel clashing against each other slowly became heard throughout the whole fortress.

Under the command of a member of the roundtable, the base was of course something to be looked on in awe. The walls being thick and colossal in size, at the walls one could see men, knights patrolling the area. To storm this front would be a hard and lengthy effort, one that had a high chance of failure.

Many would of course think twice to do such a foolish thing, as the large "guard dog" provided a wonderful reality check.

It had been only a couple days since the hunting trip, and currently Sir Y/n was stationed by King Arthur to guard this fortress, oversee it.

Of course with the arrival of the renowned, and often regarded "Most Hospitable Knight", so came his merry men, Britain's "Dogs of War". A division led by the "Wolf Knight", generally regarded as a group of loud yet oddly refreshing men, being considered a group of hard hitters.

Of course, the reason as to why Sir Y/n had been stationed at this fortress, and more importantly near a city, was due to multiple reasons.

The city itself being known for its large trade market, making it a valuable piece of land, the lord of the land had been one of the many to have a strong loyalty to the late Uther Pendragon, of course said loyalty now extending to his successor, Arthur Pendragon.

The city also currently housed a woman so beloved by the people, her fame could be said to surpass the King's very own.

Morgan Le Fay.

Yet, these facts were currently not important to the men stationed there, not out of a naive understanding. But, due to the fact that today, this morning, something much more exciting was occurring.

"Get him Sir Y/n!"

"Yeah! Don't go easy on him!"

"That kid's needs to earn his place like the rest of us!"

Inside the fortress was an area open for sparring, the interior floor being flat earth that was perfect for fighting on. Dry and sandy colored land. The area was spacious enough for men to go wild.

The only thing stopping someone from running outside or being flung were the colossal cobblestone walls that they'd crash into. What seemed to be ten to twenty men seemed to have formed a loose circle around the area, cheering on their commander as the sound of steel clashing echoed throughout the area. Those who actually were doing their jobs only took momentarily glances at the action.

"Hey, isn't that kid the king's nephew."

"What of it?"

"Doesn't that mean we should be cheering for him, and not Sir Y/n?"

"Are you a fool? The commander is the one who has been leading us!"

"Oh...right."

"For Christ's sake, I swear you were dropped on your head as a child."

As the men chatted and watched, true to their word. The current duel, well spar, was between Sir Gawain, and their commander, Sir Y/n. A dual that started due to...well.