Chapter Twenty Five

[ Chapter 25 ]

Date: May 5th

[ Summer is on its way, and I'm still on the receiving end of a certain woman's scorn. I still don't understand how she is able to one-up herself time after time! But, with the methods she's using, I can't tell if I'm truly under her scorn or just prey in her eyes! Still, I did manage to get back at her this morning. Heh. Even if it means I've put myself in deeper shit with her. ]

His footsteps gently tapped against the white marble floor. The metal came into contact with the ground and made a tapping sound each time he stepped. The long white hallway was nearly silent this morning. Sunlight begins to show, and peer through the large clear windows on his right side. As, in front of him, on each of his sides were long white walls with columns on each side, creating several rows on both sides.

Oh no, see you walking around like it's a funeral... Y/n sang in his head, making up a song as he walked. Bobbing his head from left to right, his eyes being partly closed, it was still early after all.

The day had only begun for the knight, and since he didn't need to do any traveling at the moment, he could attend to some duties outside of his normal load of work. Help the servants with meals(Though they would insist they're fine on their own), check on the stables, as while he didn't require a steed, seeing as he had Sif who was still asleep, he did like interacting with the animals. He could even spar with some of his fellow knights.

But right now, the man who was in his more formal clothes was simply walking down the halls of the castle. He could still remember watching the city be built, astonished by the Faes' efforts. Though he was a little surprised they kept their distance from him. Still, the home of the king was something to marvel at, as some would say it's on par with the Vatican in terms of beauty. Its white and blue design, both on the interior and exterior, was oddly calming.

God damn, see ya licking icing from your own hands... Y/n sang in his head, continuing to add more to the song he had created. His long magenta hair gently swayed as he bobbed his head. Safe to say he was in a good mood, for the current moment. Opening his eyes, he took a glance at the clothes he was wearing.

While he wasn't wearing his armor, he was dressed nicely. Wearing a long-sleeved tan dress shirt, Y/n had the collar partly open, giving a view of part of his chest. His sleeves reached down to his lower forearms, while his collar was to the lower half of his neck. His pants were a pair of black trousers that stopped at his calves, being held up by a brown belt. His footwear was rather basic, a pair of military-grade black boots, with steel soles. Meaning if he decided to kick you in a certain area, say goodbye to ever having children.

Hmm, eggs with or without bacon? Y/n questioned, thinking of what he should make himself. Usually, the servants would be the ones to prepare the meals for the knights, well at least those of his rank. But Y/n preferred to cook for himself, and every servant in the castle knew to respect his choice, since the last time someone cooked for him....

"You couldn't toast bread if it jumped and threw itself into the damn fire!" -Y/n

Safe to say, he took cooking very seriously. It would be a miracle if he ever found a wife that could rival him in that regard. Yes, a miracle. But luckily, Y/n isn't searching for someone who can out chef him, he'd much rather find someone who'd wake up to be served by him. He did enjoy the art after all, even if that brought out the demon in him...It was just a piece of toast.

Screw it, not like it'll affect me too much, I'm as healthy as a horse! Y/n decided, smiling at the breakfast he had planned. If he made it to the kitchen area in time, he'd be able to enjoy his meal in peace. After that, he could get his day started. You'd think a man from Ireland wouldn't know shit about spices, but I am the exception! A king cannot live on just salt and pepper!