Stormy road ahead

Yang furiously punched and kicked her opponent while he did the same until Yang got the upper hand and landed a devastating blow on her opponent's arm with her mechanical hand sending him several yards back.

"Whoa... that thing packs a punch!" Said Tai while holding the arm being punched.

"We've been at this for weeks. I get it, you want to make sure I can still fight. I think I'm doing just fine." Said Yang slamming her two fists together.

"You're close." Said Tai.

"Oh, really?" Yang said sarcastically.

"You're still off balance." Replied Tai.

"What?! No I'm not!" Said an annoyed Yang.

Tai simply walked around her while chuckling at what his daughter said.

"Honestly, I'm kind of surprised. I thought it would just be this huge weight, but... it feels... natural. They did a great job with this thing." Said Yang before being surprised by a punch from her father.

Yang and Tai continued with their sparring match with punches and kicks and Perry's until Tai caught Yang's prosthetic arm and forced her into a chokehold.

"I wasn't talking about your actual balance." Said Tai before kicking Yang to the ground. "Although, that could use some work too." Said Tai walking over to a store that had some towels laid out on it.

"Meaning?" Asked Yang while still laying on the ground.

"I saw your tournament fights. During the vital festival." Said Tai well he used the towel to cool off.

"Let me guess. "I was sloppy." Said Yang imitating her father.

"No, no, you were predictable. And... stubborn and maybe a little bone-headed." Said Tai.

Yang hearing that sat up from the ground and looked at her father.

"Do you realize that you use your semblance to win every fight after the qualifiers?" Said Tai.

"So what? How is me using my semblance any different than someone else using theirs?" Said Yang while turning away from her father.

"Because not everyone else's is basically a temper tantrum." Said Tai before walking over to his daughter. "I'm serious! When you take damage, you can dish it back twice as hard, but that doesn't make you invincible! It's great when you are in a bind, but what happens if you miss? What happens if they are stronger? What happens then? Now you're just weak and tired!" Said Tai trying to reassure Yang.

"You've always been one to burn brighter than everyone else, whether it was your smile, or, well, I remember your first haircut." Said Tai joking at the end. "But you gotta keep your emotions in check. Keep a level head, and think before you act. Your semblance is a great fallback, but you can't let yourself rely on it. It won't always save you. Obviously." Tai said solemnly. "You definitely have your mother's stubbornness." Said Tai.

"Oh, so now we can talk about her?" Said Yang, annoyed at what her father said.

"Well, as I have been informed, you're an adult now, remember?" Replied Tai.

"Well, sorry I remind you of her." Said Yang.

"Don't be. Raven was great in so many ways - her strength, her ambition, dedication to whatever cause she thought was worth fighting for. I'm proud of how much of her I see in you. But, I'm glad I don't see all of her in you." Said Tai reminiscing about the past.

"Why?" Asked Yang.

"Your mother was... a complicated woman. Like everybody, she has her faults, but those faults are what tore our team apart. And, it did a real number on our family. You both act like the easiest way to tackle an obstacle is through it. That strength is all that matters in a fight. But if you just take a second look, then maybe you see... there's a way around as well." Said Tai while demonstrating his point by walking around Zwei.