Peace 21.1

The door slams as Minho almost falls through

The door slams as Minho almost falls through. His heart is racing and the world around him is passing by in flashes. He doesn't remember running through the woods after reading the diary, but his legs are covered in the mud he tracked up, and his left ankle aches as if he fell over. He's panting heavily, a hand pressed against the living room's doorframe to keep him steady. Blinking the sweat off his eyelashes, he looks up at the fragile boy.

The boy sits cross-legged below the window. He seems calm, but Minho knows it's a front. Nothing in that boy's mind has ever been calm. In life or death.

Minho's lips quiver, unsure if he should say the words or not. The boy hasn't looked up as Minho slowly steps over. Instead, Minho sits down beside the boy. "I—I know," he says, hesitant.

"Do I actually want to know?" The boy's words take Minho by surprise.

Before Minho can say anything, the others come following in, Changbin with the book under his arm. They weren't the only ones to follow, in a swirl of smoke, the reaper and Felix stood behind them. Minho looks over at the reaper, silently asking for what to do next.

Hyunjin takes the book from Changbin and moves in such a way that looks like he's floating. He hands the book to Minho while Felix sits on the other side of the boy. It is you who must do it.

Why? Why me?

The reaper's eyes are stone-cold. He knows can tell he's hiding more secrets. In time.

Of course, Minho replies with a scoff. The others are unaware of the silent conversation taking place.

Give it to him. The book.

Why can't you?

Felix is whispering something in the boy's ear while Minho and the reaper stare at each other. The boy is mumbling back in a soft voice, "I've wanted to know for so long, but now that I can, I'm scared. More scared the I think I've ever been in my life."

Please, for me, for the boy, and for you. Give him the book and let them read it together. The boy isn't the only one who has memories missing.

Minho takes a deep breath as the reaper gives a reassuring nod. He glances over to Changbin who mouths, 'We trust you.' Seungmin and Jeongin are both in shock and surprise. They'd read a lot of texts in the library, but they'd never actually seen it. And seeing two people who they used to know must've hurt in ways Minho could only connect to when he lost his lover.

If I do this, Jisung will be able to move on with Felix, and you'll stand by your promise of letting me forget him.

Yes. There will be peace for all of you. Including the humans stood behind me.

Okay. Minho locks eyes with Felix who gives him a weak smile. "I know," he says, again.

The boy turns to him. "How much?"

Before replying, Minho the book in the boy's lap, "I'll say as much as I can. Would you like me to say your name?"

The boy bites at his lower lip. He's thinking and has every right to do so. He's hurting and has been for so long. "Yes, please." His hands grazes Minho. "Tell me my name."