The Quest Begins 15.3

"You said you needed to go, so why are you still here?" The ghost boy, sitting on the bottom step of the stairs, asks the reaper

Hyunjin hums as his fingers trace over the stained wall. "They can wait." His voice is nonchalant as he speaks, eyes on the wall.

"Are you waiting for Felix? Is he coming soon?" The reaper still being here unsettles the ghost. Everything since this morning has unsettled the ghost. The human and reaper apparently have talked before because they have a deal, that's to do with the ghost boy. The reaper also never explained to him who the other that was previously in the basement was. He also doesn't know how the human is normal again, or who it was that possessed him. He's gotten so many new questions in less than twenty-four hours and he doesn't know if they'll ever be answered, or not.

The reaper says nothing when his hand falls to his side, he looks up to the top of the wall where a hook has been attached. Letting out a sigh, Hyunjin finally turns to face the confused, scared ghost. About to say something, his mouth quickly closes and his eyes wander to the top of the stairs.

As if on cue, someone comes running down the stairs, screaming, "It's happening."

The ghost stands up to not be wiped out by his freckled friend, but they still wrap their arms around his shoulders and knock him down to the concrete floor.

"It's happening," Felix shouts again, smiling wide as he shakes the ghost's shoulders.

"W-what's happening?" So many things have recently happened that the ghost doesn't know what specific thing his friend is talking about.

"Everything." Felix gasps, climbing off the ghost so the two can stand once again.

"He's right," Hyunjin adds as he walks over to the two, "The truth is about to come out. You are going to remember not just your name but your past as well. It's going to take time, and you're going to remember things that will make you want to forget again." Hyunjin places a hand on the ghost's shoulder, "I need you to stay strong. You're already so strong and I believe you can do it."

The ghost looks up at the reaper with big, round doe eyes. He understands that he's going to finally get the memories back that he has wished for, for years. "I--" The ghost doesn't know what to say. He's happy that it's all coming together. Turning to his friend, the ghost pulls them in for a hug, softly crying into the shoulder.

"It's okay." Felix rubs the ghost's back, "I'm really happy for you too."

The reaper clears his throat, gaining the attention of the other two as they pull away, "Felix, I want you to stay here. There are some things I need to go back and do. Good luck." Hyunjin finishes by stroking the ghost's hair before he finally vanishes.

"Wanna talk?" Felix questions when he notices his friend still looks confused

"Something feels wrong, Felix." The ghost gently squeezes Felix's hand.

"Oh, okay." Felix's eyes soften as squeezes back. "Do you wanna go upstairs and talk about it?" The ghost nods his head and the two make their way into the living room.