For You 13.4

The apartment is a mess

The apartment is a mess. There's empty beer cans and soju bottles all over the place. Last night was a wild one. Minho and Chan never thought of themselves as the ones to host parties, but what was meant to be a nice little welcome party for a few friends in their new apartment, quickly turned into a full on house party. Someone had invited other people over, and those people proceeded to invite more.

Chan was trying to kick people they didn't know out, but someone kept following him around and making it difficult for him to see Minho.

Minho was trying to keep the apartment clean. The night before, him and Chan finally finished unpacking and redecorating—now it's in a state of havoc.

-

"Chan." Minho shouts over the loud crowd of people. He's looking around for his boyfriend, worried they'll get a noise complaint and piss off the neighbours when they've just moved in.

"I'm here." A pair of arms wrap about Minho from behind.

Minho turns around to look Chan in the eyes. "Why are there so many people?" His hands clutch onto Chan's biceps.

"I... I think it might've San." Chan replies as he stretches his neck to look around the room. He recognises some of the people he kicked out from past parties of San's.

-

The bin bag in Minho's hand rattles with each movement. He's trying to clean up all the rubbish that people have left over. Minho is just glad that Chan managed to convince San to move the party somewhere else once it started getting to the early hours of the morning.

Minho and Chan did try to join in and enjoy themselves, but when they caught a couple about to get it on in their bedroom, they knew they'd had enough.

Chan is still fast asleep in bed. Minho went to sleep early-ish. That was by Chan convincment when he was getting a little overwhelmed from everything. Whereas Chan stayed up to look after their new apartment and make sure no one stayed the night. Minho doesn't know when Chan eventually went to bed so he's going to let them sleep as late as they'd like.

Grabbing the cleaning supplies from under the kitchen sink, Minho turns as he stands and screams.

"Sorry." Chan coos as he walks over to calm the male he's just given the fright of their life. Chan pulls Minho into his chest, stroking their back as their breathing calms.

"Fuck you." Minho lightly slams against Chan's bare chest—all he's wearing are the boxers he slept in.

Chan chuckles as his hold loosens. "Sorry, I thought you heard me coming."

"Well obviously not." Minho pouts, shoving past as he starts to wipe down surfaces.

Chan follows after him, watching with loving eyes. This is their home. Not just one of theirs where the other comes over and stays the night. But it's their place. At the end of the day they'll come home and sleep in the same bed. Everyday.

As Minho's cleaning, he catches the reaper in the corner of his eyes, they're sitting on the couch in the living room. Never before has he had this consciousness. Why is he experiencing it now? Minho looks at the reaper than back at Chan.

"You okay?" Chan asks.

"Yeah." Minho swiftly replies. It seems Chan is oblivious to the hooded figure.

"Do you want me to help?"

"What? No, no, I'm almost done anyway." Minho continues with the conversation as he tries to keep his tears back. The living, breathing Chan is right in front of him. The Chan he's missed so much.

"I'll go grab a shower then." Chan says, making his way in the bathroom's direction. Just as he's about to turn the corner he leans against the wall and smirks at Minho. "You can join me..." He raises an eyebrow, implying something more than a shower.

"Once I've cleaned up." Minho struggles to reply. It's so tempting to follow after Chan—to decide to live in the memories and forget the real world instead. Though he needs to talk with the reaper. He needs answers.

"Okay." Disappointed, Chan rolls away along the wall.

When Minho hears the bathroom door lock, his eyes shoot daggers at the reaper. "The fuck is going on!?" He barks.

The reaper looks up from the floor with a startled face. He doesn't say anything. Minho's glare softens when he sees the face hidden behind the hood. "You can see me?" The reaper questions, pointing at themself.