New People 2.3

"It's not your time yet, boy

"It's not your time yet, boy." A voice comes from behind him.

"...I know" He replies sighing. He knows exactly who stands at the back of the room. "Then why have you come?"

"I had news that someone has moved in... and it's seems that's true." Their voice isn't cold but it isn't warm either. They aren't life or death, they're who comes to collect you once you die.

"Do you think they'll help me remember?" The boy stands up, turning to the tall hooded figure.

They take their hood down looking at the boy with sorry eyes, "I don't know. humans... well, they are mysterious things."

Coming to visit the boy every time some new moves in, they too hope the boy can one day move on. Instead of being stuck... but, to do that he has to move on.

"Didn't you used to be a human? I used to be a human!" The boy puts a hand to his heart. Frowning when not feeling anything beating inside his chest. Felix told him that's what keeps humans alive, probably the reason why his doesn't work.

The tall figure sighs, "My time as a human was very long ago, much longer than yours. I have seen the world change over decades, centuries. What my way of life was is nothing like it is now." They are not allowed to help the boy move. So instead he hopes that those around the boy will. They can't even call the boy by his real name until he remembers.

"Can I know your name? I know you can't tell me mine. B-but I want to know yours." He's nervous and unable to look at the tall figure in front.

"That I am allowed to tell you," They chuckle as the boy finally asks the question, "My name is Hwang Hyunjin, Hwang Hyunjin the grim reaper."

The boy smiles softly, repeating the name in his head. "I wonder if my name sounds beautiful like yours."

"It's does," The grim reaper ruffles the boys long hair. "I must be going now. Be good, okay?"

"I will." The boy watches as the reaper disappears like dust, a gust of wind coming to send him away.

The new male shifts, groaning in his sleep from the sudden cold breeze, gripping the sheet closer around him.

"I'll be really good," The boy says turning back to the new male. "I'll be really good so hopefully you'll help me move on... please." A stray tear rolls down the boys cheek but, is quickly wiped away with the back of his hand. Now is not the time to be crying. Now is the time remember.

Going back to the small window, the boy sits in front, continuing to watch the moon for the remainder of the night.

☾☁︎︎☽

The sun outside is beginning to rise. As much as the boy— sat in front of the window— would like to watch it, he knows he should leave before the sleeping human awakens. Making his way out of the room and down into the basement to hide away. With no need to open or close any doors since he can simply walk through. The boy could even fall straight through the floor if he wished, but something about the journeys he enjoys. That little something that reminds of what humans must do. The state of matter no longer means anything to him.

Down in the basement he stays, alone. It's not like the boy's not used to it... but at the same time no one ever really gets used used being alone. The boy doesn't know what to do, he can no longer roam the house without the risk of being spotted. So to spend his time he sits crossed legged, staring at his wall.