♡ ᴀ ɴᴇᴡ ꜱᴛᴏʀʏ || ꜱɪᴍᴇᴏɴ ♡

♕♕♕♕♕♕♕♕♕

The sounds of keys on a keyboard clicking and clacking fill your eardrums as you lay your stomach on top of Simeon's bed all the while watching him work away. Letter after letter appear on the computer screen, adding on to the pages worth of words that build the entire script of the angel's novel series of high demand: TSL.

You've never realised before, but Simeon hardly ever brings up his most popular work in front of you, let alone allow you to see the whole editing process that goes on behind the scenes.

It's hard for you to imagine that someone you're so close to and know so well is also a bestselling author across all three realms, just under the mask of a famous pen name. It's an honour, sure, but quite an unbelievable one.

"So, you're really thinking about adding new characters into the mix?" you flip through the pages of one of the novels while skimming through the story. "It's a bit late to do that now, don't you think?"

Simeon leans back in his chair and gives your voice of opinion a few seconds of thought. "I've been contemplating about it for a while, and I do have to agree it seems like such a late addition, but I'm willing to take a risk," he grins. "Besides, I'm sure it will make Luke and Solomon happy if I added characters based off them."

"Oh!" you sit up. "You're writing characters based off them? They might become new fan favourites, especially Luke."

"That does seem likely. Who wouldn't adore an adorable character like him?" Simeon chides in with the jesting as a light laugh follows. He rarely ever teases the younger angel, but he's not completely opposed to a light joke every now and then.

Looking back at his paragraph so far, he leaves his seat momentarily for a break and rests himself on the bed. Head empty of any creative ideas and storylines for the time being, the angel prefers to spend the time discussing new plans with you instead. Besides, he doesn't have any deadlines closing in soon, so it wouldn't hurt to kill some time like this.

With a warm and carefree smile on his face, the angel looks over to you as you continue to scan the rest of his novels. You might not be as invested as some loyal fans - like the Avatar of Envy - but you come in a close second and you've been following the series ever since Levi brought it to suggestion.

"Hey, just curious," you close another volume shut. "If you're going to add Solomon and Luke in, what about Diavolo and Barbatos? What about you?" you query while your finger circles the cover.

Simeon lifts a finger and taps his chin lightly, "Maybe I could include Diavolo and Barbatos, but adding myself? It would feel too awkward for me to write my own character. I might be a little too generous and always paint myself in a good light."

You tilt your head to the side, not completely disagreeing with the possibility of that happening. Still, you have faith in the author's abilities. "You're a good writer, you'll find a way to work around it," you encourage rather optimistically. "Now, what do you say? You want to give it a try, Peugeot?" you nudge.

Laughing at your playful nature, Simeon heeds your advice and motivation. "Well, I can't ignore the cries of such a supportive fan such as yourself," he grins at you.

He returns to his seat in front of the screen and you eagerly stand right behind him to observe the creation of a new story. You expect for ideas to instantly come flying, but his fingers hesitantly hover over the keys before he can begin typing.

"So... What's the plan you've got so far?" you rest your head on top of the back of the chair as you look over the busy author, you shadow casting over his head.

"Oh, it's nothing big just yet. But before I go on, I do feel the need to run by a small matter of detail with you," the angel drops his hands into his lap as a subtle smirk reveals itself. "(MC), if this character was to be truly inspired by me, shouldn't they fall for Henry?"

"Henry?" you repeat while a little flustered.

The protagonist that ties the whole plot of the series together wasn't just someone that Simeon crafted from his own mind. Everything about Henry takes inspiration from your own personality, and the angel always tries to accurately portray the beloved character like its role model. May it be your habits, characteristics, or even relationships.

"Does it sound a little too strange?" the angel almost appears disappointed by your hesitation. "I guess it would be overwhelming for everyone to see Henry develop a love interest so soon. Perhaps their relationship could start off slow."

"How would it happen?" your ears perk, interested to hear what he has planned for the two fated lovers. Would it be linked to a moment in reality between the two of you? Or would it be a more fictional but enchanting meeting?

Simeon crosses his leg over the other and rubs his exposed shoulder. "I was hoping that it'd be a cheesy romantic scenario in the moment, but it would eventually grow to be a meaningful memory that will help them bond."

The image he wishes to paint in his little love story sets itself on a peaceful field - something symbolic of his own nature - and fresh grass and flowers would coat its surface. A clear sky with light airy clouds would invite Henry over to enjoy the scenery, while Simeon's character would be silently laying among the pastures. There, they'd stumble into one another.

"How would that happen?" you gaze at him like an innocent lamb, unknowing and curious of what's to come

"How would that happen?" you gaze at him like an innocent lamb, unknowing and curious of what's to come. "Does Henry just fall into their lap?" you let a sarcastic joke slip out.

"Well, I imagine that it'd go something along the lines of this," Simeon beams as he extends a hand out to you. Once you place your fingers onto his palm, he demonstrates what he defines as the perfect cliché but memorable moment he hopes for as he drags you down till you're resting on his lap, your hands pinning him against his chair and nose almost touching his.

"Wha- Simeon!" you burn red. Of all the things he could've done, this would've been the least expected.

The angel, delighted by your startled blushing, covers his mouth to hide his snickering. "That was unlike me, wasn't it? That's what I wanted to add this character. A small wild touch that I don't have. Do you think it's a good idea, (MC)?" he seeks for your approval.

Staring straight into his sky blue eyes that fade into a gradient of gold like the sun, the only thought that comes into mind centres on Simeon himself.

"Mhm, that sounds like a brilliant idea," you lean in. Closer and closer.