♡ ᴀ ᴄᴀᴍᴘ ꜰᴏʀ ᴄʜᴀᴏꜱ (ᴘᴛ. ꜰᴏᴜʀ) - ᴀᴄᴄɪᴅᴇɴᴛᴀʟ ᴅɪꜱᴄᴏᴠᴇʀʏ || ᴏʙᴇʏ ᴍᴇ ɢᴀɴɢ ♡

♕♕♕♕♕♕♕♕♕

"I can't believe you! You- You idiot!" Levi paces back and forth as he rants, throwing his hands around to add to his frustration. "All you had to do was remember, and you couldn't even do that! Not to mention you risked (MC)'s life all for a stupid flower that we'll never even find!"

The last sentence catches your attention instantly. "Flower? What do you mean?" you turn to Mammon with a raised brow. Your suspicions did rise at first when you travelled more than you needed to for some so-called 'exploring'. Now this only boosts your notions.

Finding out that the entire truth hasn't been revealed to you up until now, Levi only gets angrier with his eyes staring daggers at his older brother. "You didn't even tell her why we're really out here?!"

Tensions begin rising high and you do your best to intervene before the usually calm Avatar of Envy loses his cool. "Hold on a minute, Levi. Let Mammon explain himself, please," you grab on to his wrists while giving him a pleading look, hoping that it'll help him reach some sense of rationality.

Mammon stares back at you with a hint of shame and guilt hidden in his gaze. "Ok, I'll admit, maybe I shoulda' told ya the truth... and I'm sorry I put your life on the line, (MC)," he apologises for his inexcusable actions.

"Apology not accepted just yet," your foot taps in a rhythmic beat. "You lied as well, didn't you? About the exploring."

All becomes clear once the second born reveals what's been kept behind closed doors. After the urban legend of the rose, Mammon had noticed how much Lucifer desired to see the rare plant so he decided to take the initiative of finding it. He figured he could use it as a bribe later on, or at least receive a reward.

Only problem he had was searching for it alone. Being the extremely jumpy and easily shaken demon that he is, of course he had to drag a few more participants along and you happened to be one of them. Not to mention, Lucifer stated that the rose can only be plucked by those of a pure heart and considering that everybody else Mammon chose to join the expedition is a demon, you were the only eligible one left.

Obviously, you think quite the opposite of your own innocence. "How can you be so confident that I'm pure of heart?!" you shout. "You know what's going to happen if I'm not, right?"

Asmo rests his head on your shoulder while patting your back. "(MC), if you worry too much you're going to ruin that pretty face of yours with wrinkles," he gives you a peck on the cheek. "I'm pretty sure you're as pure as I am beautiful."

"It doesn't matter if (MC)'s pure or not anymore. We were never going to find it in the first place so let's just go already," Levi complains. "Mammon, you better get us out of here, and fast. Otherwise you'll have Lotan to deal with!"

His uneasiness is easily understandable for someone who hates the open air and prefers the atmosphere of his own bedroom. Assisting Levi with his protest, you chuck Mammon a small glance and hope he takes the hint. Luckily, he's able to work things out from your facial expressions quick.

The Avatar of Greed examines your surroundings as carefully as he can and scratches his head while he tries to navigate a path back to the camp. It doesn't appear hopeful as Mammon stares off into distance for the next couple of minutes in disorientation.

"Y'know what? I'm sure if we retrace our steps we can find our way," he stays relaxed, acting as if there isn't a huge problem right now. "So I say we go..." he plays a little game of 'eeny, meeny, miney, mo' to determine which track to take that avoids crossing the river again, "That way!"

With limited options left to choose from, Mammon resumes to stay leader of this self rescue operation, much to your dismay. The childish stunt he just pulled to pick a direction only makes you more concerned about him being an incompetent captain.