♡ ᴘᴇɴ ᴀɴᴅ ɪɴᴋ || ʟᴜᴄɪꜰᴇʀ ♡

♕♕♕♕♕♕♕♕♕

You trace every single word that's on the paper and then hear the sound of your heart beating loudly inside your chest as realisation sinks in.

A love letter. What you're reading is a love letter. Someone had the courage to confess all their feelings to you, but not in person. You're not sure if it's some sort of prank or not, you don't want to believe that people can stoop that low.

Not wanting to draw any attention to yourself, you tuck the piece of paper into the pocket of your uniform and head towards your next class as you try to clear your mind of the letter

Not wanting to draw any attention to yourself, you tuck the piece of paper into the pocket of your uniform and head towards your next class as you try to clear your mind of the letter. It proves to be more difficult than you think as you can't help but ponder about how familiar that handwriting looks.

Cursive and neatly written... One demon pops into mind but you highly doubt that it's him, it doesn't seem like something he'd do. You laugh at yourself, "As if Lucifer writes love letters."

"Who writes love letters?" a sudden voice chirps behind you.

Caught off guard, you whip around in a flash as you lock eyes with the person who startled you. "Oh, Simeon," you sigh and place a hand over your heart. Words can't begin to describe how grateful you are that he didn't fully catch what you said. "It's nothing really. I was just wondering if love letters are still something people do."

He tilts his head slightly to the side, "How come?"

It puts you on the spot as you can't come up with a cover quick enough to evade the angel's eyes that stare deep into your soul in search of truth. Although you really want to tell him, you're not entirely sure if keeping secrets is something he's skilled at but on the other hand, he may be able to help you find out who wrote it. Besides, when it comes to trust Simeon is the best option you have at the moment.

You weigh the pros and cons of spilling the beans and decide to just tell Simeon the bare minimum of the situation, "Well, I was going through one of my workbooks earlier and I found a piece of paper that wasn't in there before, turns out that was-"

"A love letter, was it?" Simeon finishes off your sentence. "Sounds like you have a romantic chasing after you," he laughs, sounding both happy and excited for you.

"Yeah, I guess you could say that."

The angel recognises the unenthusiastic tone in your voice, "What's wrong? Are your feelings towards them different?"

He's trying to dig deeper into the situation than you're comfortable with but you feel the need to talk to at least one person about it. As long as he stays quiet, it should be fine. "I don't know who it's from, that's the issue."

You take the letter out and hand it to him inconspicuously but he stops you, choosing morality over curiosity. "If they didn't sign it then it's obvious they don't want anybody else knowing too much about it. It's best that you keep this to yourself for now," Simeon whispers. "How about you just tell me about the handwriting? Describe it."