☆ ʜᴀʟʟᴏᴡᴇᴇɴ || 2022 ☆

📌 || BEFORE YOU BEGIN READING:

spooky season has come! i can't believe it's already the end of october, and instead of eating candy and sweets like some fortunate trick-or-treaters out there, i'll be doing final exams >:(

gUh whaTEVER, i'm not salty, what?

happy holidays to the rest of you lucky folks! have fun and stay safe!

♕♕♕♕♕♕♕♕♕

An annual pumpkin carving contest occurs every Halloween in the Devildom, where the winner who carves the best-looking pumpkin will receive a grand prize of 100 000 Grimm. Everyone has been signed up to participate and get to take their pumpkins home by the end of it. 

Lucifer - Doesn't exactly master it, but he doesn't do too bad of a job either. On the exterior, he'll appear as if he doesn't care about the contest going on but on the inside, he's definitely hiding his competitive side from everyone. Especially Diavolo and his brothers in order to not seem immature in front of them. By the end of the carving, he'll be a little disappointed that he didn't win, but he plays it off like it was planned.

Mammon - The prize money is the only reason he's taking part in the contest. He puts so much work into making his pumpkin perfect during the first several minutes or so, then he eventually burns out and loses care for the competition. He'd probably try and switch his pumpkin with someone else's when no one's looking, but it's no surprise that he gets caught red handed for trying to pull that off and ends up disqualified.

Leviathan - Carves something as tribute to one of his favourite idols or animations, most likely for Ruri-chan. He loves that it's an arts and crafts related project, and enjoys it even more because he doesn't have to work with anyone. Manages to pull off something quite close to what he wanted, but he isn't happy with it because he focusses on the minor flaws that he made. He still takes it home and displays it though.

Satan - Definitely tries to carve a cat themed pumpkin. If he's going to take the pumpkin home, he wants it to be something cute. His only goal in this contest to beat Lucifer so he'll do his best to outdo the eldest. With the mindset of an overachiever, he'll add way too many details when carving and when things go even the slightest bit wrong, he'll lose his cool and might even accidentally break the pumpkin during his tantrum.

Asmodeus - Can't decide on what he wants to carve so he goes through so many pumpkins before he makes up his mind. He'll also end up decorating his pumpkin with extra accessories too, like ribbons and glitter, so that his pumpkin can be the most fabulous of the bunch. He'll take so many pictures with the final product and post it all over his Devilgram for Halloween, but then forgets to actually take it home.

Beelzebub - Attempts to carve either the face of you or Belphie. His brute strength makes his carving a little choppy and since art isn't his strongest skill, the end product will definitely turn out to be different than he had in mind. Still, he loves the little pumpkin with all his heart and takes it home like a trophy. It won't last long though since his hunger will get the best of him and he'll end up eating the pumpkin.

Belphegor - He can't be bothered to put in the energy to carve so his pumpkin will only end up with two eyes and a mouth. He couldn't care less about the prize and competition, and it really shows. Instead, he'll suggest to trade pumpkins with you so that he can have your pumpkin to show off to his older brothers afterwards. As the youngest, he's got a taste for mischief and drama, especially on Halloween night.

Diavolo - He doesn't care about the whole prize thing and he's not serious about the competition, he would rather give someone else the opportunity to win the money. He'll just enjoy the activity for what it is and do whatever he wants to his pumpkin, including carving a cute face and even naming it. At the end of the day, he'll secretly keep Barbatos' winning pumpkin with him because he's proud of the butler for doing so well.

Barbatos - Picks the best pumpkin from the patch to work with and carves an absolute masterpiece into his pumpkin, adding a ton of details wherever he can. Masters the art of pumpkin carving within seconds probably since it's not his first time, and most definitely wins the prize. He won't keep the prize money to himself though and would either give it to Diavolo or Luke, since he doesn't really know what to spend it on.

Simeon - He's quite decent at it, although he does struggle a little at first. It just took him some time to get used to. He treats it like a casual gardening activity and happily carves away with no complaints or issues. He'll also lend a helping hand to Luke whenever the little angel asks for it. After the contest, he doesn't want his pumpkin to be wasted so he'll make a pumpkin pie out of it for the Purgatory Hall members.

Solomon - Like his cooking skills, he believes his pumpkin carving is fine when in reality, it's quite atrocious and only half a pumpkin is left. Everything was going so smoothly in the beginning, it's rather surprising that his pumpkin ends up being massacred as a result. Turns out it's because he tried to use magic to speed up the process and it backfired. He doesn't take notice of the issues and carries on.

Luke - Wants to do his best to impress his elders so he'll call for their attention every now and then to get them to see his progress. He wants to add a bit of everyone's favourite thing on his pumpkin because he wants to be inclusive and please everybody, even the brothers. He's a little sad that he doesn't win the grand prize, but he isn't a sore loser and still cheers for Barbatos. It motivates him to practise for next time.

Raphael - Another perfectionist when it comes to pumpkin carving, but he doesn't start off that way. At first, he doesn't put much effort into it since he believes it's not that fun of an activity. However, he'll gradually begin to enjoy designing the pumpkin to his liking and becomes insanely focussed on his work that he completely blocks everyone else out. He won't admit it but he's proud of his results, even if he isn't the winner.

Thirteen - An absolute maniac who could not care less about the contest. It's Halloween, she wants chaos and madness, not simple and wholesome activities like this. She'll probably attempt to sabotage a few fellow participants but keeps herself from doing so because she doesn't want to ruin everybody else's fun. By the end of the day, her pumpkin will have a few scratches from failed attempts but it's not bad.

Mephistopheles - Partakes for Diavolo, that's the only reason he's here. He tries so hard to impress the demon prince that he goes all out to win. He'd hate to admit that's his true intentions though, so he'll deny it continuously if anyone asks. But after receiving a few praises from everybody else, he'll care less about just having the prince's opinion and genuinely enjoy having come to the contest in the first place.