♡ ᴡʜᴇɴ ɪᴛ ʀᴀɪɴꜱ || ʟᴜᴋᴇ ♡

♕♕♕♕♕♕♕♕♕

The heavy pitter patter of rain echoes through the walls of Purgatory Hall as you and Luke watch raindrops race down the window. Through the glass that's sprinkled with droplets, you catch sight of the Devildom streets slowly fill with water from the storm clouds above.

Luke drops himself down onto the couch then slumps and pouts, "The weather forecast said it wasn't going to rain this much! Now we can't go out anymore."

He swings his feet in boredom as they hang from the edge. With his plans for the day in need of adjustment, his usually upbeat spirit withers away and his motivation to do anything disappears along with it. You pat his head lightly and sit beside him, attempting to bring back his once excited smile.

"Come on, Luke," you poke his cheeks. "I'm sure there's something else we can do. We can play some board games, and maybe even watch a movie or two. If you want to bake anything then we can do that too. Let's not get upset over a bit of rain, yeah?"

With an ounce of comfort to soothe him, the young angel sighs but forces a smile onto his face to convince himself that today won't be ruined. "Ok, but I really did want to go out today. It's been ages since we last got to hang out together," he rises from the couch.

He shuffles to the shelf nearby and stands on the tips of his toes to reach a box on the highest ledge. You stand and head over to his aid but he manages just fine on his own and brings the package to you instead. The faces of the box are coated with bright colours and cartoonish doodles, along with strange characters.

"Oh, charades?" you read the title that takes up the centre space of the lid and written in large bubbly childish handwriting. "You better be good at guessing because I can't act at all," you laugh.

"I'm good at guessing! Last time I played with Simeon and Solomon, and I got the most points!" he exclaims his previous victories proudly as he opens up the game and sets out the cards and small hourglass that comes with the collection. "But if you want, I can start first with the acting," he kindly offers, which you accept as you need the time to warm up.

As the game is set, you and Luke begin to play a competitive match. He starts off by picking up a card, reading the categories to choose from at the back of it before acting out whatever it is he picked. Holding up a finger, he gives you the first clue.

"One word," you confidently assume. He nods then holds up three fingers this time. "Three syllables?" you have another go with guesswork and the angel assures that you're correct once again. The proper enactment of the word begins after you work out the few hints you're looking for.

He starts dancing out of the blue, much to your surprise, then blowing kisses to an invisible crowd. You believe he's posing as an idol, the clues obviously point to that, but your quick assumptions are turned down as Luke shakes his head and continues to act on after you have yet another guess. He then pretends to write on papers left and right, signing them perhaps. An idol giving out their signature, it becomes as clear as day what the young angel's trying to communicate.

"Oh, oh, it's umm.... An autograph! You're giving out autographs!" you clap your hands as you shout your answer.

His eyes light up and he jumps up and down, thrilled that his performance is accurate enough for you to easily predict the actions that he's attempting to replicate. "Yeah, you got it! So that means you get a point," he starts a tally by first adding a stroke under your name. "Ok, (MC). It's your turn, pick a card," another round begins as you take the spotlight.

A fair amount of minutes pass by and you think that Luke would be distracted from the rain by now, considering that you two have completed plenty of rounds to have him ahead by twelve points, but his gaze remains fixed on the view outside rather than the game of charades. Resting his chin on his hand, his attention doesn't shift away from the downpour, even with you calling his name repeatedly.