♡ ᴅʀɪꜰᴛɪɴɢ ᴀᴡᴀʏ || ꜱᴏʟᴏᴍᴏɴ ♡

📌 || BEFORE YOU BEGIN READING:

first off, thank you the person who requested this angsty kinda one shot. the plot was beautiful, and i hope i did it justice.

secondly, I'M SO SORRY THAT THIS TOOK SO LONG! i didn't forget about it, it's just with all my hiatuses and the order i write one shots in, this came out like 5 months after it was requested so i apologise. 

♕♕♕♕♕♕♕♕♕

Solomon's POV

The ocean... You've always hated the ocean, and always will. It's the one thing you don't know anything about. So many unknown mysteries that hide below those waters, all hidden in the dark. The idea of not knowing what's under there always kills you.

The idea of not knowing what's in (MC)'s mind always kills you.

They wave at you one last time with a pitiful smile before leaving you behind for one of the brothers again and leaving yet another scar on your heart. But you no longer show any sign of bother on your face as the distancing has been going on for a while now, ever since you two returned to the Devildom, actually.

When the two of you had finished the exchange program, you had always been by their side since you were the only other person left to remind them of the memories they made there. As days went by, you and (MC) had gotten really close, bonding over everything you remembered during your stay. Soon, you started bonding over the newer experiences, the ones that only you and (MC) shared.

Too bad you were the only one who seemed to enjoy it. If they enjoyed it too, why did they ask to be brought back? You ask yourself that question over and over, letting it haunt you as you turn back to the Purgatory Hall.

(MC)'s POV

Turning around only to see the back of Solomon's head as he strays further away, you struggle to choke back the tears that begin to well up in your eyes from all the guilt that builds up deep inside.

You regret not saying anything before you left him for the brothers. After everything he's done for you, that's the least you too could've done in return. It's not like this is the first time either.

Having not seen them for so long, you try to spend as much time as possible with the brothers before you have to leave again. With their possessiveness, you barely have any time left for yourself by the end of the day, let alone for others. Even so, you've still been trying to find some time for Solomon, but something always manages to find a way to stop you two from being together.

You wipe away the teardrops running down your cheeks and inhale deeply in an attempt to ignore all the heartache and painful emotions. Beelzebub notices your disturbance, "(MC), is something wrong?"

"No, I think I just have something in my eye," you lie. "Let's go to Hell's Kitchen already, yeah?" you urge Beel on as you fake a smile that you know he can clearly see through. Nonetheless, he doesn't question anything and follows along to make you happy.

Throughout your lunch with the Avatar of Gluttony, thoughts of Solomon's troubled face still linger in your mind and you poke at the food on your plate with discontent. You don't have the stomach to enjoy the meal and you find yourself ruining yet another person's day.

"You look upset. Are you sure you're ok, (MC)?" Beel asks you again in hopes that you'll give him the truth this time.

Knowing that you've already been caught, you no longer hide your feelings away. "I made a huge mess of things... I'm trying to make time for everybody, but it's not working and- I don't know," you bury your head into your hands in frustration, almost in tears again. "Maybe we should have lunch together another time. I'm sorry about this."