♡ ᴡʜᴀᴛ ᴡᴇ ʜᴀᴅ (ᴘᴛ. ᴏɴᴇ) ♡

📌 || BEFORE YOU BEGIN READING:

This one's a replaced MC one shot (y'know, every MCs worst fear). I feel like this scenario's becoming more popular in the fandom, especially with the new characters coming along but I highly doubt sheep-chan will ever be replaced lol.

Still, doesn't hurt to think of something angsty every now and then. This was kinda fun to write lol, thank you to the person who requested! 

**[NOTE] (O/N) = other name of the person who's supposedly replacing MC

♕♕♕♕♕♕♕♕♕

It wasn't long ago since the new exchange student had first arrived at R.A.D, yet they've already won over the hearts of everyone around them. Especially the brothers.

At first the seven brothers weren't interested in them, having eyes only for you. This wasn't unusual as they practically ignored anyone else apart from you. But what played out differently this time is the unexpected extroverted nature of the new human student that made it easy for them to approach the notorious demons of the student council.

Soon, it became evident that they're your substitute as they began replacing you in activities that you'd usually do with the brothers whenever you were too busy to accompany them. They were invited to the House of Lamentations often as Levi needed a gaming buddy almost everyday and Belphie wanted to use someone's lap as a pillow whenever he could. They came over every time just to fill the brothers' needs.

It's not difficult to see why they're much better liked than you, now that you think about it. While you act on impulse, they're rational. While you touched on the nerves of the brothers sometimes, they never did anything of the sort. Everything they do just outshines you without them even having to try. It's no wonder they won the brothers over with ease.

As you watch from afar, they all appear to be having fun, smiling and laughing and whatnot. Giving the new student their full attention, the seven demons circle them and seem to have forgotten about your existence entirely as they don't even bother to spare you a glance. You try not to think too much about being neglected, despite it hurting an awful lot.

"Simeon..." you finish taking another bite out of your lunch and turn to the angel who sits beside you. You didn't want to interrupt the conversations on the other side of the R.A.D cafeteria so you sat alone, until Simeon joined you. "You don't think I'm being a bit- I don't know... dramatic over this, do you? I mean, I barely know them."

"To be honest, they don't seem all too bad. (O/N)'s actually quite nice, they made us all breakfast the other day without us even having to ask," he says. The mention of their name almost leaves you clueless of who's the subject of the topic as you haven't even made the effort to learn such information. "I'm sure you'll like them once you get to know them better."

It annoys you slightly to hear Simeon trying to point out some good in them. "Yeah, I guess I should talk to them more, but it feels so uncomfortable. You get what I mean?" you sneak a peek at where the brothers are. It feels strange to be outside your usual ring.

Your eyes follow along each member of the new clique but then halt to a stop once your gaze lands on (O/N). You almost jump as you find them glaring at you with the most intense look you've ever seen, pinning you down with just their eyes. Before anyone else can see the deathly stare they're giving you, (O/N) whips their head back and has their attention on the brothers again, giggling like nothing happened.

The angel follows your gaze and places a sympathetic hand on your back, thinking that you miss being a part of the group, which isn't all that wrong. "I know it's going to be a hard thing for you to do, but you need to try be the better person here, (MC). I'd be glad to come with you, if you need," he offers help. When you bite your lip in hesitation, Simeon lets out a breath, "Or, you can talk to Lucifer and his brothers first. I'm sure that'll be easier."