55

Seokjin sobbed uncontrollably, hands caressing your birth mark, "You still have this scar for taking that blow for me in your previous life. I'm sorry... I'm so sorry."

You wiped his tears and smiled, "If time comes, I'd do it all again for you, Seokjin. What happened was unfair but I'm glad that it went through me, I could never see you suffer."

Seokjin shook his head, "It was all in vain Y/N, everything.", his hiccups made it difficult for him to speak, "I wasn't reincarnated and even though you both were, after a millenium..."

"Seokjin that's --", Jungkook was cut off.

"You both suffered in this life too and that's because of me", Seokjin answered him.

"Let's continue, shall we?", Jeonghan asked, closing off the bubble.

"Hi, what did I miss?", said Joshua as he stood beside Taehyung wrapping an arm around his shoulder.

"Josh...", you trailed off with pleading eyes and Joshua smiled motioning you a thumbs up.

"Let's resume", Joshua ordered.

Seokjin had changed the moment you breathed your last, nothing but hatred and spirit of vengeance resided within him.

The night you died was the same night he headed out to kill Bong. Laying your body under a shed he found in nearby, he went out all on skimming through the city. Keeping Intel on him had it's advantages as he knew all the hideouts of Bong.

And fortunately, he found Bong in one of those, sleeping peacefully while his men guarded the base.

Killing the guards in single blow on each, he trashed inside, waking up Bong. The wicked man saw his death when he saw Seokjin's eyes.

Seokjin decided death was an easy way out for Bong, so he first worked his sword in his legs, giving multiple blows. Then he targeted his hands, cutting off one arm wholly. But Bong's screams for mercy didn't quench his inner agony.

Next, he dragged that man by his hair and loaded him on his horse.

"The first thing you'll do is confess that you killed Y/N.", Seokjin said as rode the horse with him, "If you don't, I'll find you", his bloodshot eyes made Bong shiver in pain and fear, "I will find you and even if you beg for death, I won't give you that."

Then Bong was thrown off in front of the  palace.

He later returned to you and gave you a funeral. With you, he sent away his soul. And he was merely a shell who now wanted nothing but to end Jungkook with his own hands.

Bong was executed within the week.

Seokjin had heard that there was an ongoing search for him.

He knew all accusations had been cleared and a lot of apologies and royal treatment was waiting for him.

Which he didn't want, none of that. Because nothing could bring you back. He had been sleepless for nights, eyes always shedding tears in your wake. The void of you haunting and stabbing him relentlessly.

He wondered what was Jungkook doing, how was he dealing with the news of your death then also he remembered that it was because of Jungkook this happened in first place.

Jungkook wouldn't care. He was a king. Loosing his soulmate wouldn't matter, only his kingdom, his image and his throne mattered to him.

And the more Seokjin thought about it, the more his blood boiled and the feeling of vengeance upraised.