26

You were doing fine. Just fine in hiding your hurt and your tears.

Yoongi and Jimin, knew something had happened but didn't know what exactly which was kind of good for their own sake.

Sasha was also unaware of the words Hoseok had spilled to you, for you. You chose to keep it from her, because a part of you believed that Hoseok would never mean what he said that day and it was just a phase, after which he would be okay, hopefully.

Everything would be alright, you knew that. But not for you, you also knew that.

~~~~

"How many more days do I have left to serve for my punishment?", Seokjin asked Taehyung, who was busy painting his nails and pasting cute stickers on them following the tutorial he was currently hooked on.

"Actually you're almost done.", Taehyung blew on his nails gently and looked at Seokjin, "Serve in eight more weddings in this realm."

Seokjin gleamed in excitement, "Then I can get the marvel from the God of fate?"

"Hmm yeah, I'm supposed to help you with that.", Taehyung nodded and asked, "Did you ever ponder who am I, what am I doing in this realm?"

"You're quite popular Taehyung. In both the realms.", Seokjin shrugged, "But I know there's a lot more to your story. You ain't just a fallen angel, you hold a lot more authority."

Taehyung blinked at Seokjin in disbelief.

"What?"

"Fallen Angel?", Taehyung scoffed, "That's what they call me?"

"Didn't you rebel against the Gods--"

Taehyung stood up, slamming his hands on the table, "I'm the God, Seokjin. The God of twin flames. The God of mirror soul."

He sat down and smiled, proudly, "Soulmates are my creation."

Seokjin was stunned. He had never imagined Taehyung to be the God, that the rumours about him could be so misleading from the truth.

"What happened to you? Why are you here?", Seokjin asked timidly, without meeting his eyes.

"As a part of punishment, I was sent to this realm--"

"What punishment?"

Taehyung clicked his tongue, "Milleniums ago, I made a mistake which caused havoc in the God's realm and I--", he leaned back, closing his eyes, "I lost my soulmate."

Seokjin snapped his head towards Taehyung.

"As a punishment, I was sent here. I have served my part, I stayed here because I like working here.", Taehyung sighed, "I remember her face vaguely, it's a distant memory. But I do remember her smile, her voice."

Seokjin's heart grimaced.

"It was you.", he pointed at the God, "Why did you choose me to be Y/N's soulmate?", his voice trembled, his eyes were tearing, "If not for me, she would have lived well."

"I didn't choose you for her. It was your destiny. She was your destiny.", Taehyung smiled, "Like she is Jungkook's now."

That name, however made Seokjin's blood boil.

"That jerk! He doesn't deserve my Y/N either."

Taehyung laughed, "It's amusing to see you still getting possessive for her. How will you be able to leave, if you're still so in love with her?"

Seokjin was wiping the angry tears, "She was my soulmate Taehyung! The one I loved and cherished the most."

"Fine, I'll grant you one wish. And that will be...", seeing  the God grinning ear to ear, Seokjin sat worried.