51

It was just another usual day, you were on your way to meet Jungkook, only him because Seokjin was out of town for some duties. Not exactly duties, you and Jungkook both knew he had gone to meet the neighbouring kingdom's prince Kim Namjoon, a dear friend to Seokjin. He talked about Namjoon with so much admiration which made you both want to meet him too. Maybe someday, he'd visit.

You had recently turned eighteen and the teases about you finding out about your soulmate were relentless. You were anxious, scared as well as excited.

Also, you tried not to dwell much on it. Whatever was bound to happen would happen.

You spotted Jungkook waiting by the shore. Nothing unusual, you two often met there alone, also often accompanied by Seokjin.

Nothing unusual, just a strange sensation in your chest as you neared Jungkook.

Something unusual, because when Jungkook turned to look at you, you heard the bells ringing too loud in your ear.

You didn't know what to make out of it unless you knew what it exactly meant.

Jungkook eyed you in anxiety, frozen in spot as he could sense it too.

"Are you also hearing the bells this time?", he asked breathless, voice cracking, eyes teary.

"Yes", was all you could say and all he needed to hear before letting out a sob and falling to the ground. You went to him immediately, hugging him as he sobbed hiding his face beyond his palms.

You waited for him to situate, allowing yourself to do the same while letting out the silent tears.

You knew you both are overwhelmed, you both got what you asked for.

To be each other's soulmates.

Jungkook was the first to pull away and pull you into a kiss that only contained silent confessions and affirmations.

The sudden kiss took you by surprise being it the first for both of you.

He breathed you in, before speaking against your lips, "You have no idea how much I prayed for you to be my soulmate even before I discovered you were actually mine."

You smiled against his lips, hearing him echoing what exactly you prayed for.

Jungkook was strong both physically and emotionally. He could handle his emotions well, could pull a poker face when situation demanded so and wouldn't even bat an eyelash when swording down the enemies.

But Jungkook was always vulnerable with you, his eyes betrayed him as they looked at you with all stars in the universe, his lips betrayed him when they streched in ear to ear grins at your mindless activities and his heart, the greatest betrayer among all, that thumped way too loudly in his chest always when you're in his vicinity.

Wiping his tears you asked, "Since when did you know that I'm your soulmate?"

Jungkook pouted so adorably, making you want to protect him at all costs, "A week after I turned eighteen. You went to your uncle's right after celebrating my birthday, I heard bells added to this sensation when we met after your return."

You squinted eyes at him playfully, "And you never told me."

"I was waiting in case it's not the same for you. I was also afraid and was mentally preparing myself for the heartbreak that would follow if I was not your soulmate. There was no way I could recover but I had to move on.", he said cupping your cheeks, holding so much sincerity in his eyes, "And I'd still have wanted to you be happy with whomever it had been."