24

Jungkook tried. Tried to talk to you. He went to every possible places he thought he could meet you. Waited for you everywhere, in front of your dorm, outside the lecture hall, by the doors of the cafés you part timed at. It seemed you managed to dodge him, every single time.

But that was not the case. He definitely stopped by to see you and he did have some words to convey but he lacked in something.

Courage.

So this time when he saw you out off your shift, he, once again, gulped back the words and watched you walk away.

~~~~

You could never think of doing anything else apart from sleeping, late in the morning, on a day off from university, from part timing.

But your ringing phone indicated otherwise.

Barely opening your eyes, you managed to find your phone & picked up the call.

"Hey sleepy head!", Jimin yelled from the other side.

You were dozing off again when Yoongi screamed suddenly, alarming you in position.

"The fuck", you seethed, "You're calling out your death. Let me sleep or I'll really chop you both off."

"Boo, that scared me.", Yoongi scoffed, "Just the confirmation and we'll hang up."

"On what?"

"You're coming today right?", Jimin asked.

You blurted out a 'No' and rubbed your temples.

"But--", Jimin was cut off by Yoongi.

"Leave her, Jimin.", you heard Yoongi say, "We don't mean anything to her. She only cares about Jungkook. And here, I thought that we are ride or die friends. I'm--"

"Gosh, are you done?", you hollered, "I know that you're blackmailing me yet I'm falling for it. I hate you both."

"Keep on hating but do come today. All of us have worked so hard for this day. If we win, I want you join us for holding the trophy.", you could sense the sweet smile Jimin had on his face.

"Fine, I'll come.", you affirmed, "And Yoongi, I'm gonna kick your ass, after the game."

"As if.", Yoongi grumbled before hanging up. You won't miss a special day like this with your dear friends for someone who doesn't give a damn 'bout you.

~~~~

You didn't know how you ended up in the sideline again. But that was what you were doing, assisting coach Shin through the first half of game.

Coach Shin, that old man when saw you descending the stairs and sliding in between the barriers towards the team bench, had a sense of relief washed over him. You looked no less than a goddess who came to save him and his not so well playing team.

And for you, for the first twenty minutes of the games that you observed on the bleachers, had you cursing on particularly three men, who were the key players, whom you also knew personally.

Min Yoongi. Park Jimin. Jeon Jungkook.

As soon the as whistle blew indicating the end of first half, you grabbed two collars with your two hands.