16

Since some of you were visiting home for the post exam break, Jimin decided to have little fun with the gang because God knows how easily he became glum without you all out of his radar for a certain span of time.

So he invited you all to the grand carnival which was held once every year.

"Wow, that big idiot..", Yoongi hissed, "First he invites us. Seconds he's running late."

"He's always late Yoongi.", Sasha snickered, "I thought you made peace with the fact."

"Hoseok's coming?", you asked her while looking around for any signs of Jimin.

"He said he'll try. Stuck with the company's new project.", she scowled, "Sikes."

You almost toppled over when an arm landed on your shoulder. You balanced and saved yourself from the fall before glaring at the man in action.

"Jeon, you should get a grip on your strength."

Jungkook snorted, "Oh don't worry, I won't let you fall."

"Look he came.", Ena huffed on spotting Jimin, "This boy doesn't have a single punctual bone in his body."

Jimin almost stumbled throughout the way it took him to reach you all, "I'm sorry, I was--"

"Yeah yeah.", you rolled eyes, "Come let's get in."

The carnival lacked innovations, the same old themes running year after year, maybe decades after decades. But the enthusiasm and joy never ceased. They too remained for years, even decades. Every year, the people of the city waited for the carnival. They said it washed away all of their worries even if for small amount of time and filled them with new hopes and positive outlook to carry on with life.

"Oh my god, they're selling cotton candy lemonade.", Ena gleamed with excitement and latched on Yoongi's arm, "I want them. Yoonie let's go."

As uninterested as he could be yet succumbing to his soulmates demands, he let her drag him to the stalls lined on the opposite end.

"And this is where we loose them.", Sasha scowled again.

"Let them be Sash, they're new to this.", you retorted lightly, "Who are you to talk? I haven't ever seen you without sticking to Hoseok---"

"Fine. Let's mind our business."

"I'll take stroll by the stalls first.", you shifted away from Jungkook and pleadingly looked at Jimin and Sasha, "You all can... uhm go wherever you want..."

Jimin nodded, "Uh yeah... I heard they have introduced new rides...", pure lies, "Jungkook I'm sure you'll be interested."

Before he could respond you said, "I'mma go now! See you later."

With that you sprinted to loose yourself in the crowd. A getaway from Jungkook was you needed at the moment.

As you walked into the food stall units, the strong smell coming from everywhere hit your nose at once making your stomach churn. Yet you walked in. The first stall was selling corn dogs, of course the most crowded among all because love for corn dog never seemed to cease, so you passed and stopped by the next stall.

It was selling pretzel bagels which instantly reminded you of a certain someone.

"That's the third plate you brought! Are you seriously going to finish all these?"

"Oh come on Y/N, you know I'd never get tired of pretzel bagels and you."

Lies.

Your ringing phone broke your reverie.