48

"Careful!", Jungkook yelled but the damage was already done.

You were on the ground, holding your twisted ankle, small whimpers leaving your lips.

Jungkook immediately ran to you, trying to hold your ankle when you scurried away with a gasp.

"Jungkook! What are you trying to do?", you said as if it was something heinous, "You shouldn't do that, you're the King!"

The King had recently passed away, the thrown being passed to the Crown Prince, now the King, Jungkook.

Jungkook knew that this day would come, but it did come way sooner then he had expected. The responsibilities that came with becoming the nation's ruler weighed heavy on him, his mother, the empress' ambition would sometimes choke him but thanks to the royal trainer and officials, specially to you and Seokjin, he was fitting in slowly.

Jungkook ignored whatever you said, holding your ankle gently.

"Looks bad", he commented, "Let me carry you to the royal physician's chamber."

"I'm fine Jungkook.", you said cupping his face to make him look at you, "I just want to spend some time with you, please let me."

Jungkook's heart fluttered obnoxiously in his chest, warmth creeping up to his cheeks.

He quickly pecked you on your lips making your smile and you pulled him in for another one.

You both then sat quietly by the river, basking in the each other's presence until Jungkook exhaled sharply.

You were still leaning on his shoulder but perked up to meet his eyes, "Something's bothering you."

Jungkook nodded, "I'm worried about you."

"Me?", you sat up and eyed him in confusion.

"Yes you.", Jungkook said, "It's a matter of time until you will be betrothed to me, our families setting up a date for the royal marriage.", Jungkook continued carefully, "Enemies will try to attack you, knowing you're not just an obligation to me."

You're heart constricted at his words but you dismissed it quickly and spoke, "Jungkook, we'll be happy. You'll rule and I'll be by your side.", a smile crept up on your lips, "If someone tries to harm me, you'll be my knight in shining armour, won't you, your majesty?"

"Always", came from Jungkook in a heartbeat, "You're the most precious person to me, I'll forever cherish what we have."

You rested your head on his chest just to hide your teary eyes.

It was peaceful and comforting, Jungkook and his presence.

Suddenly Jungkook added, "After this, I'm taking you to the royal physician."

You pulled away scrunching your nose in protest only to get a breathe taking kiss in return....

~~~~

You sat quietly at the reception party, drinking the wine occasionally.

Also, occassionally taking videos and snaps of the couples slow dancing. You were going to keep them, for teasing Yoongi and Ena, for making Jimin and Vanya beg you to share those, to montage them for Namjoon and Claire and to keep those handy for Hoseok and Sasha's wedding, whenever it happens.

You were better as an audience, enjoying the moment until someone interrupted it.

"No.", you said without throwing a glance.