20

Next morning, there was a loud bang on your door. You woke up startled and saw an equally confused Jungkook owlishly blinking at you.

You went and opened the door but before you could comprehend, you were being hugged tightly.

"I missed you, my baby...", it was your mother who was also sobbing. You went rigid all at once.

It had been long, fairly long since your mother had last remembered you. When she was diagnosed with dementia, at the early stages her memories came and went frequently. But as the years passed her memories stayed on the distorted side more.

Last time she remembered you was more than a year ago.

"M-Mom...is it really..", you choked out, "Am I dreaming?"

You looked at Jungkook and the broad smile sitting on his lips said it could be anything but a dream.

She pulled away and smiled through her tears, "I don't know for how long I'll remember but I need to tell me everything. Freshen up and meet me at the table."

You exhaled sharply, relaxing and nodded.

She glanced at Jungkook, "Young man, you need a lot of explaining to do."

He froze then blinked and finally jumped out of the bed, standing straight, giving a nod.

Your mother left and as soon as the door closed you broke down in tears. Before he could breathe, Jungkook froze again.

He walked to you and waited.

"It's been a year, since she remembered me.", you sobbed, "I thought she'd never remember me again and that itself...", you looked at him before pulling him into a hug, "You're my lucky charm. Thanks Jeon, for coming here."

Jungkook didn't hug you back, his guilt didn't let him. His mind was pre occupied since last night.

~~~~

".....So Jungkook, apart from studies what do you do?", your mother asked scrutinizing the timid boy in front.

"I'm a member of varsity team of my department. I like to paint and sing sometimes. I part time at a cafe and...", he thought for a moment, "Well, that's it."

You were fondly looking at your mother. Her motherly side showed as she was actually checking up on what kind of guy Jungkook was that you bought him home.

"How did you meet him, honey?", she asked you and smiled nervously.

"During a match. Met him through a common friend, Jimin, if you remember. I told you last time."

Your mother seemed to ponder for sometime before nodding, "Yeah I do. By the way, where's Ena? Why didn't she come to meet me?"

"She stayed back, had a project to complete.", you gathered the dishes and put them in the wash basin, "I need to visit her house. Uncle called me yesterday."

"Y/N and Jungkook, do bring the containers when you come.", your aunt yelled from across the hall, "Rush hour at 10."

"I know, I know!", you yelled back, "Now get going or you'll be late."

Jungkook was about to get up when your mother said, "I don't have any issues with you sharing room with my daughter and with my condition, it is true that we don't have enough rooms to accommodate but don't let my daughter sleep on the floor."