10

Jungkook wasn't effected at all, he was living a normal life, as it seemed. But deep down he knew, what was happening could be anything but normal. You were catapulting him at the tip of your fingers, even though you both barely had any encounters, he knew you were somehow.

He had said the truth, he was deeply hurt when Claire left him for someone else. But when you asked him if he loved her, it shook his core.  And maybe because you almost saw what was really on the inside, he masked himself around you more. He pushed you away more.

Still you being wholly out of sight was unsettling for him. So he decided to seek subtly.

"H-Hey...", Jungkook approached Yoongi while the teams were practicing on the field.

Yoongi had his face twisted in disgust, "I don't think I have any business to deal with you. Fuck off."

Jungkook winced and chose to walk back to where he came from. Approaching Jimin was a lot easier. Or maybe Ena or Sasha, but none of them were on talking terms with him. His last conversation with Sasha had him shuddering.

"I'm very disappointed in you Jungkook. You don't even know what that girl is going through yet you kept on humiliating her constantly. And you used Claire as an excuse, again?"

"It's not---"

"Don't gimme that bullshit Jungkook. I don't know what boy loves a particular girl but do hookups. I'm not Y/N, Jungkook. And I don't tolerate shit. Let me get it clear, one more time I see you insulting her, I'll report to the department head that you had stolen the stamp & the stamppad from the academic section and inked your report. You never actually submitted it.  Oh, your brother also doesn't know about this, does he?"

The boy was left stunned.

~~~~

"What kind of boy Jungkook actually is, Sash?"

"I don't know.", she huffed and rolled to the other side of the bed, "The Jungkook I know and the one you deal with are two different persons."

You laughed, "Yeah, he's always extra nice to me."

"Y/N, it would be hard to believe but Jungkook is the sweetest boy I've ever met. He's like my brother. The gentlest boy I've ever met after Hoseok--"

"Yeah, no need to vouch for Hoseok, He's a sweetheart.", you sighed wistfully, "If only I could find the silver linings in my life...."

"Sometimes, you have to fight through the bad days to earn the good days of your life. I know lately, life has been unfair but I feel good days are waiting."

You fought back the tears, "Finding my soulmate was my last hope, my last resort. And with him, my expectations are gone too. It's better that way than ending up hurt every time. But life has given me some great friends so I'm thankful."

She hummed before asking,"Do you really love Jungkook?"

You laid beside Sasha and chuckled, "Swear, I tried not to but this soulmate bond, damn. I've  seen some glimpses of the real Jungkook so I can tell, it's hard not to fall for him. I know what you meant by the gentlest boy you've met. There--" 

You heard soft snores and got up pulling the covers over you both.  

Staring at the ceiling,"This shall pass too Y/N, this shall pass too.", you murmured before dozing off.

~~~~

Jimin decided that a scorching sunny day would be best to take a stroll around. Cladding up in jeans and white tee & with brimming energy, he set his feet out.