I'll be here

A/N: in this AU, Henry is 14 and Piper is 5. There parents 'work' early in the morning to late in the night. Henry takes care of Piper pretty much by himself. Okay I think that's all, enjoy.

___________________________________
Henry's POV
___________________________________

"Hey, wake up. You've got school today." I said lightly, gently shaking Piper's arms.

"Carry me!" Piper said in fake exaggeration, putting her arms in the air.

I picked her up, and she wrapped her arms and legs around me, and rested her head on my shoulder.

"What's for breakfast today, Pipes?" I questioned, laughing gently as she yawned, though pretended not to be tired.

"Pancakes?" She questioned.

"With chocolate chips?"

She looked at me and smiled brightly.

"Go get ready for school. I'll come get you when they're ready. Don't forget to brush your teeth." I said, gently putting her down.

She quickly ran off to get ready, and I made pancakes.

*Time skip*

"Come on! Come on!" Piper exclaimed, pulling at my arm.

"Just one minute! I'm almost done!" I replied. I was finishing my homework, because I didn't have time last night.

"Okay, okay! I'm done!" I said, quickly shoving the paper in my bag and putting my hands in the air in surrender.

"Hurry! Hurry!" Piper giggled, pulling my arm.

"Lead the way, my lady." I commented, slightly laughing.

*Lol another time skip*

"Have a good day, doll. I'll be back to pick you up after school. You've got your club today, right?" I asked.

"Yup! 4:30!"

"I'll be there. Be good." I said, kissing her forehead and waving her off as she walked inside.

I quickly left once she was out of view and made it to my school, which luckily, was right across the street.

"Char! Can you check over my homework again? I just wanna know what I got wrong. And maybe if you have time can you walk me through them?" I ask, while putting my stuff that I don't need in my locker.

"Yeah, you know I will. Hand it over." Charlotte said.

Charlotte's POV                    

"This is... Better." I said slowly. The paper was all crumpled, and hard to read with the messy handwriting, but I managed.

"I can come over after school today to help you walk through it. And maybe with tonight's homework." I said.

"Yeah, sure. Can you come over around 5?" Henry asked.

I nodded. "Hurry up, we're going to be late."

"I'm coming!"

*Soz more time skip*

Henry's POV                        
(Henry doesn't know Ray yet; work with me here I have no idea if this makes sense)
I ran out of school the minute the bell rang(They leave school at 1:20pm). I had to make it to work. I knew I was going to be late but the sooner the better.

I made it to work at about 1:40, 10 minutes after my shift started.

"Cutting it close man, you're late again." Jack said from behind the counter.