I found you (Sea Monster Lucas)

(To anyone reading the manga and hasn't gotten to Chapter 52 and beyond this may hint at some spoilers.)

Lucas spends most of his days watching the different boats and ships go by on the surface of the water above. Night and day he would watch them go by curious as to what was on them. He didn't dare to actually go up and find out what was on them after what happened the last time someone dared to do so.

There was one ship in particular that had caught his eye days ago and has since been following it from below. One night something happened on the boat he wasn't too sure what, all he knew was that there were loud noises along with a bright light coming from the ship. Just as he was about to leave, he saw something fall into the water, it was a very small boat.

It was around mid-day when he finally decided to get a closer look. When he peeked over the side, he saw Nothing but a human or at least what he believed to be a human from the encounter in addition to the tales he heard about them... They appeared to be fast asleep; he only knew that they were alive from their chest rising and falling.

They seemed so different from the humans he encountered before. The ones from before were much more powerful and deadly being able to take on his whole shoal taking many with them. However, this human appeared to be frail as well as being vulnerable.

When the human did wake up, they found a pile of fish in the lifeboat they managed to get on before the ship went down. It was the first of many times they awoke to a pile of fish and besides feeling a strong current push the boat there was nothing for them to do but wait to see if a plant or a long ship came along. It was two days after the ship sank did, they see an island getting closer.

The first thing they did once the boat hit the sand of the island was find something to drink then they started to plan a way home. Unbeknownst there was something in the water that had been taking care of them and refused to stop doing so. The humans from before had taken much from him yet this human had done nothing but barely survive something out of their control just like he had. It put a new feeling in him, one that he had never felt before. One that made him want to care for them yet there was an off feeling deep down beneath it all that made him feel that they shouldn't be found.

Maybe one day he could come to learn what about them made him feel something so.... Different or maybe not. Either was fine by him as long as he knew where his human was. Stay safe in a place only he knows about that was only a dot in the vast blue he called home.