life less but not heart less

Android

Keiji Akaashi

After many years technology has advanced enough that we have helper androids. You were hesitant to get one at first because it just seemed so...off. Having something in your house that at least somewhat looks human is creepy but with work piling more on you and wanting nothing more than to crush when getting home you figure it won't hurt to have some help with the house. The box it came in towered over you; other than its height it was a simple black box with only three words written in gold on the front.

Android 5:

Keiji Akaashi

Opening the box there it was laying a foam to keep it in place. Looking over it was all white with dark lines that ran over his body oddly enough it had short black hair and looked like it was sleeping with its eyes closed. Maybe they thought it would be less creepy if it looked more like a human? Laying on its chest were the instructions skimming over them until you found how to turn it on:

To turn on your android simply say its name then activate.

They have a name? You looked back over to the cover of the box.

"Keiji Akaashi activate."

You jumped back when you heard the humming sound looking back into the box. The once dark lines were now glowing gold, its eyes shot open before sitting up. The android looked around the room, stopping when its golden eyes met yours.

"Greeting's master, my name is Keiji Akaashi. I am here to help you."

Taken aback by its voice you jump up. Maybe this was a bad idea...

The android stood up, stepping out of the box. "What will you have me do?"

It stood waiting for you to give it a command face expressionless. Looking around the room trying to think of what it can do you looked back down at the packaging.

"Do you think you can help clean this up?" It was weird giving something a command but it was here to help.

Watching as the robot placed the cover back on the box, crushing it down flat, folding it a few times until it was the size of a piece of paper, then placing it in the trash can in the kitchen. Only coming back to stand in front of you waiting for the next command....

For the next few weeks things started to feel somewhat normal; it was almost like having a roommate that actually does their chaos and then some. You had to admit it was nice having someone else around the house to not only help but have some company.it also seemed like akaashi was losing up unless like...will an Android and more human.

Like today you were showing him one of your favorite shows just you both relaxing on the couch when someone Knocked on the door. When you got up you couldn't see the sour expression on his face. He doesn't like it when someone interrupts your alone time with him. Opening the door only to find that it was your boyfriend bokuto with a big smile on his face.

"(y/n)!"

He engulfs you in a hug "I thought you weren't getting home for another month!"

"The coaches said it would be good if we took some time off. So, I came home for a little while."

"Who is this (y/n)? An intruder?" you both tuned to find akaashi just a few feet behind.

"No this is my boyfriend, Bokuto this is-"

"Cool you got a robot!" He went up to Akaashi to examine him. "He almost looks human."

"My name is akaashi. I am here to help my master with anything they need." akaashi gestures towards you.

"He's been very helpful around the house."

"Will it look like we can really relax now huh?"

Later that night akaashi was making sure the house was secure while you and bokuto were getting ready for bed, however since he's been away for so long sleep was not the first priority akaashi learned this as the night went on as well as following nights.

One night however after the bed had stopped banging against the well bokuto had gone out to get a drink having the decency to at least wear boxers before stepping out of the room. After he had chugged half the bottle, he looked up to see someone standing in the shadows.

" The hell?! ...oh, it's just you."

" I didn't mean to startle you." Akaashi was cold as he spoke. " I just wanted to talk with you for a moment."

" Sure, I'm not doing anything at the moment."

" I heard you're a volleyball player, is that true?"

" Yeah, it's really cool! But it kind of sucks. I don't get to be home often." Bokuto admitted.

" Is that so...."

The next day bokuto was nowhere to be seen. When you asked akaashi if he knew we're your energetic boyfriend he said that bokuto had left early that morning to go back to the train station. Odd... you thought usually he tells me when he leaves...guess it was last minute?

After that however whenever you tried to call or text him there would either be no reply which was odd considering it was always hard to get him to be quit before now it seemed like he was just ignoring you until one day.

Akaashi found you crying in front of the tv that had the news playing on it. They were talking about bokuto being missing. Akaashi sat beside the human he had grown attached to pulling them into a hug rubbing their back as a sort of comfort.

"I just don't understand he was just here..." they said in between sobs.

He holds your sobbing farm as his eyes drift to the tv a picture of the young athlete was shown as they asked for people to keep an eye out for him. Akaashi knew that he would never be found, for he knew that protecting his master was his top priority, meaning that everything had to go to plan and no secrets can ever be unearthed.