Chapter 165 | The K Word

Eko's face blushed as he retold her the story, and Matthew couldn't help but smirk as he observed her expression—a mix of mortification and embarrassment about her antics. Somewhere in between, she furrowed her eyes, trying to recall the memory.

"Righty, so I didn't dream it. Is that what you're saying?" she asked.

Matthew shook his head, "For the record, Eko, I want another you in this world too. I don't want to wait ten years. This whole year has taught me that we don't get forever. And we're putting our lives on hold when we should be living it. We're strong, so unbelievably strong, you and I."

Eko's eyes lit up, "what are you saying?"

"I want kids with you, I want to try... sooner rather then later Eko."

Her breath caught, and suddenly she pictured a child playing before them, her gaze drifting to the image of a tiny blonde-haired figure. She envisioned a boy, much like him, joyfully laughing and shouting into the day.

"I -I, Matthew," she smiled with reddened cheeks her heart bursting with happiness. "I want it.. and I was so ...I didn't know how to tell you. We said ...but like you said - everything's changed." Her brows furrowed as she locked eyes with him. She was not only in complete love with her life right now but also so incredibly in love with her husband and their future.

"So, you drunk dialled to tell me instead?" he laughed.

"Yea..." Eko scratched the back of her head, an awkward smile gracing her face. "I've been thinking about it a lot, to be honest. Well, as you know, my rod expires next year, and it's like, do we? Don't we? Were we being serious about waiting ten years? But then, how do I tell you that I want to start a family with you? Considering everything."

He didn't reply, and her eyes met her husband's as she continued; he was smiling so tenderly, as though she had handed him the universe. "Matthew, if I'm being truthful."

"God, be honest, Eko. I promise you. I want you to be happy; however that looks. Do you want to wait, now that we're actually discussing this? I want kids, Eko. I've always told you that, and yes, it terrifies me bringing them up in this world, but ... the thought of you and I?" his voice broke off towards the end.

That's when Eko smiled, lingering close to him, and she reached forward, grasping the lapels of his white shirt, "there is nothing more I want than having this life with you. You know that, right? And if you're ready, then I'm ready. If you think we can do it, then ... let's do it. Let's have a baby."

Relief surged through Matthew, and he pulled Eko closer, his grip firm around her waist. His free hand tenderly cupped the back of her head, and their lips collided in a passionate kiss. As Eko immersed him in a whirlwind of sensations, her tongue danced with his, evoking a moan that reverberated through him, sending shivers down his spine. The weight of their decision heightened the intensity of their connection.

He kissed her until he needed to catch his breath. "God," he broke the kiss, "you make me so happy!" Pulling back, he cupped her cheek, asking, "Are you happy, Eko? Because that's all I care about."

"Happy!? Matthew!" How could he even doubt that? Shaking her head, she instinctively brushed her fingers through his hair, letting the long, nude-colored, manicured tips glide along the skin of his neck. She traced them along his throat just before reaching the back of his ear. "I love you, and you make me so incredibly happy, baby."

Her fingers traced the tattoo, resting on the precise spot on his left ear where her own matching tattoo had been inked. They had both chosen identical swallows during their honeymoon, symbols of rebirth that marked the beginning of so many new chapters for them.