Chapter 124 | November 11th | Girl's Night! 🍆

Timeline - November 11th | ( 2 Days Later )

Dinner had been the best one yet for the group of four, and fortunately for the restaurant's owner—who was well-acquainted with Jesse—their evening of pre-drinking had kicked off earlier than planned.

By nine o'clock, they had left the restaurant and headed to Hassel's for their weekly bonding session and much-needed girl time. At Hassel's, they planned to unwind with a few more rounds of drinks before Richie was scheduled to pick them up. Toni and Matthew were still occupied at one of the newly constructed academies, busy with the boards. For Eko, spending the evening indulging in drinks and enjoying the company of close friends she cherished seemed the perfect way to distract herself from missing Matthew as intensely as she had.

Stumbling up the stairs into the establishment, the girls were led to their usual corner booth, where a fresh round of cocktails awaited them.

"Tequila shots as well!" Jasmine exclaimed, settling enthusiastically into the booth.

Eko slid in beside her, making room for Jesse and Mya to join. Amid the booming music and pulsating lights of the club, the girls huddled closer to converse.

Raising her glass, Mya toasted to Jasmine, while Jesse hesitantly pushed her own shot glass away. "Last time I did these shots with you, we didn't know where we ended up, and the guys t took forever trying to find us!"

Raising her glass, Mya toasted to Jasmine, while Jesse hesitantly pushed her own shot glass away. "Last time I did these shots with you, we didn't know where we ended up, and the guys had to locate us!"

"A Harlem?" Eko laughed, clearly amused and somewhat bewildered. "H-how is that even possible?"

"Jaz always finds a way," Mya chuckled, her fingers curled around her cocktail before she took a sip.

"It's hardly even a memory," Jasmine said to Jesse, trying to lighten the mood. "We had fun, didn't we?"

"I don't have any real recollection of that to know."

"Don't be a sourpuss, drink your alcohol like a big girl," Jasmine teased. "Besides, you randomly were calling the shots, 'jiggle juice' for some unknown reason."

Mya and Eko howled with laughter.

"Oh, stop it, you children," Jesse scowled, drinking her cocktail now. "I wouldn't have called it that."

"Speaking of children, did you guys hear that Cynthia is transferring from tech to the Clara Ace?" Jasmine interjected, reaching for the cocktail menu to order another round.

"No way," Mya responded abruptly. "I thought she loved it here; she's so good at Tech!"

"Hmm," Jasmine nodded, still interested in what she was reading. "Cynthia found CJ and Stacie hooking up. She said she couldn't stay after that."

"Didn't everyone know that, though?" Eko chimed in sheepishly. "We accidentally walked in on them in one of the communal areas after training one night. They were in the shower. They got like realllyyy carried away."

"You and Matthew caught them?" Mya leered at Eko. "Because you were going to do the same thing?"

"Yes, Mya, satisfied with the details of my sex life?" Eko giggled. "This is nothing new to you."

"Is there actually anywhere you guys haven't done it?" Jesse asked, sipping her drink and raising an eyebrow in judgment.

A brief silence fell over the group, and Eko's smile only widened in response. She took a leisurely sip of her drink, meeting Jesse's gaze confidently. Jesse scrunched her face in mock disgust and shook her head. "You guys are so disgusting."