Chapter 50 | Morning Light ❤️

What does it mean when they say there is a crack in everything, fascinated by stories that tell us even in darkness, it is through the cracks that we find our light.

It coaxed her from her deep sleep, beckoning her to wakefulness—this lightfullness, weightless mirage.

The brunette's body stretched out before snuggling back into the soft mattress and feathered quilt; this sleep had been the best she had had in a very long time.

Sleep, her mind mused, sleep. Oh, her subconscious grinned; that's right. That was so deliciously right.

She and him, her, and him.

He was the cause of her well-rested sleep.

Slowly she began to open one of her eyes, the sunlight bathing the room in its golden warmth.

Turning her head softly, Eko couldn't help the grin that plastered her cheeks, for there beside was the Commander of Allegiant's Academy, peacefully sleeping.

What a view he was before her. He's facing her, and she has this perfect and unprecedented opportunity to study him. To study how lovely his face actually looked, how much younger and relaxed in his sleep compared to when his awake and wearing the mask of the adored soldier. His sculptured pouty lips parted slightly, and his hair was a glorious mess.

Like a child, she leaned forward greedily, pressing her lips onto his own, and rewarded when he responded to her, allowing a small moan to escape his lips.

There against her back, she felt the smoothing of his palm up her spine, his hand tangling into her hair as he combed it with his fingers.

"I feel like it's been longer than five minutes," his eyelashes fluttered open to meet the bright blue-eyed woman snuggled in between his duvet, partially enough to see that those eyes were smiling at him with those soft lines.

"Suns been up for a while by the looks of it," and he pushed forward, kissing Eko under his narrow gaze.

Once twice, thrice.

"Suns been up for a while by the looks of it," he mocked her child-like-knowing tone, hands clasping the side of her head, where he had a remarkable view of her face.

"You look fucking phenomenal in the morning; did you know that?"

Swiftly kissing her again, she found that he propped himself up on his elbow, looking around the state of his room.

"Fuck," he offered, laughing and scratching his head, "the fan club is going to a field day with you."

This was too comical not to laugh; shifting from the bed, his glorious naked form moved around the room, brushing his hand into his hair as he tried to find his briefs somewhere amongst her clothes and exploded candy bra.

"How come?" Eko yawned, rolling onto her back and watching the fantastic view. She admitted his very toned naked ass was a delight to watch

"They know you sleep with numerous girls."

"Yes, but." Matthew stepped into his wardrobe, finding what he needed and pulled on his briefs. He leaned against the door frame connecting his room to the wardrobe and ensuite, staring at the quite comfortable brunette naked woman entangled in his sheets.

"None of them have slept in this room as you have."

"They've never slept in here?" Eko propped herself onto her elbows curiously. Sky blue eyes never left the chiselled, muscular physique of the man, watching as he disappeared for a moment back into the wardrobe before he appeared with a black shirt, casually now strolling over to her.