Chapter 1 | That'll Be The Day

Current Timeline 2120 | Present Day (The Royal Palace of Caserta - Location Moon)

The luxurious suite buzzed with the lively sounds of a televised debate, drawing Madison's attention as she relaxed in the plush armchair. With a tablet pen delicately held in her hand and her tablet resting on her lap, she found herself captivated by the oversized screen dominating the spacious lounge room. The mix of seriousness and humor from the four panels of women on the screen held her in rapt attention, her lips slightly parted in response to the unfolding discussion.

She had been engrossed in her reading until the noise from the television disrupted her concentration. The television had been left on, initially providing harmless white noise. However, it had now switched to the nonsensical chatter of a debate, interrupting her thoughts.

"What the?" Madison pursed her lips in annoyance. "Honestly, the rubbish you watch, Sera," she muttered more to herself than to her cousin, who had disappeared on her for hours now.

Host 1 (Adelaide Splendor): "I believe it's crucial that we keep up this tradition of gathering to honor and remember those we lost fifteen years ago. We've shown such resilience and unity in rebuilding our country. It's something we shouldn't overlook, no matter our political leanings."

Host 2 (Cadence White): "Absolutely, Adelaide. The Isadorian spirit is unbreakable. We've taken tragedy and turned it into triumph by coming together to rebuild and support one another. The crystal warriors and the Allegiant academy deserve a lot of credit for our resilience."

Host 3 (Dakota Dalton): "You know, for me, seeing how far we've come since I was just ten years old has been mind-blowing. Those military academies, once orphanages, now standing tall as symbols of our perseverance? It's more than anyone could have hoped for."

Host 4 (Claire Burton): "Hey, let's not overlook the government's role here. Their efforts to combat terrorism and restore order have been commendable. Sure, there's been a lot of focus on Allegiant and the warriors, but I don't agree with all the secrecy. I mean, come on, Ace, Snow, G, Chef, and Romeo, reveal yourselves already! Show the world who you really are!"

Host 1 (Adelaide Splendor): "You know, whether we like it or not, they've kept their identities under wraps all this time, and you can't deny they've done a tremendous job at keeping us safe. Maybe they choose to stay hidden for their families? We don't know everyone's situation."

Host 2 (Cadence White): "I'm with Adelaide on this one. The crystal warriors have played a crucial role in our safety, and there's probably a good reason they've stayed anonymous. Plus, Allegiant and its academies have kept things running smoothly. I don't get the obsession with 'unmasking' them."

Host 3 (Dakota Dalton): "Girl! Seriously! As much as I respect the crystal warriors, I also believe in being transparent. And I'm not alone in thinking that."

Host 4 (Claire Burton): "Look, secrecy has its place, but I believe in accountability too. The crystal warriors should come clean about who they are. They've been here since the start of this conflict, so it's not a stretch to think they might have had a hand in it."

Host 2 (Cadence White): "Hold on! Are you actually suggesting the warriors caused the deaths fifteen years ago? That's a bit out there, even for you."

Host 4 (Claire Burton): "Well, my subscribers have some interesting theori-"

Madison's attention was abruptly diverted from the television by a sudden flare of white holy light. The room seemed to brighten momentarily, causing her to squint. As the light faded, she spun around to find Seraphina, her cousin, standing in the doorway to the bedroom of the royal suite. Seraphina's presence seemed to bring a gust of energy into the room, her blonde hair glowing in the soft light filtering through the curtains.