Chapter 16 | The 'History' Tab.

It was a long restless night, Eko found; Mya, the extremely beautiful, legs went on forever, dry-humour, and dark raven-haired woman who held the longest hair she had seen anyone possibly want to have made her appearance a few hours after Matthew had left her.

As promised, there had been a deliverance of better food than what the infirmary had and a change of clothing out of the medical robes. Importantly though, a confirmation that she would be with the soldiers tomorrow morning as they departed to a few of the sites to aid in the assistance of survivors.

Mya had been a welcoming company that Eko didn't know she had been in search of. The woman who had been her age was sweet and thoughtfully kind, considering the situation.

Eko found that their talk mainly consisted of Mya's medical background at the Academy rather than the elephant in the room, the undeniable fact of how many had lost their lives amongst all the chaos. When the hours turned eventually, Mya retired to her duties in the medical wing, and it left Eko restless that night.

She had tossed and turned for most of it till she got to a point where she knew she wasn't going to sleep. With dawn breaking in a few more hours and the minutes turning slower than ever, the brunette needed something else to get her mind off everything, an alternative to focus on.

While it had been easier said than done, Eko's tangled thoughts rotated the statistically high probability that she had lost her cousin in the same manner that she had lost her mother. Butchered in a blindside attack.

It was not only her that she grieved, but many of the staff she had grown close to. Soldiers that she would laugh with within the halls, or the cooks that she would sneak into the kitchen at midnight to grab something to eat with, or preferably to raid the wine cellar of her father's existing collection.

There had undeniably been many faces, with so many memories, and the knowledge of who and what she had lost wrapped its claws onto her body, suffocating her as the unbearable thought tightened around her.

She needed to divert her train of thought, so she searched around the small room for anything else. Luckily there had been a tablet at her bedside; perhaps there had been some form of reading material that would help her drift off to sleep.

Clutching the tablet, she pulled it into her lap as she settled back down against the pillows. She touched the Isadorian emblem on the screen, and there had been a selection of contents that illuminated.

Her darkened lashes blinked several times on the contents before her, allowing her to scan the list briefly and uninterestedly before settling on the 'History' tab.

Undoubtedly that had been boring enough to put her to sleep.

"Isadora's Military Establishment, alternatively known as HQ Allegiant -is the central system of the Academies, training schools, processing orphanages, and medical institutes.

Allegiant has been a primary funding source throughout the entire division, accredited with paid mercenary jobs, gala funding, private benefactors, and the Queen's backing.

The establishment, since its inception, has built longevity to endure the war and beyond.

Allegiant, Isadora's base, is the exclusive headquarters of the built establishments, schools, orphanages, and Institutes located on the Isadorian's nation plains.

Reconstructed from an outdated Orphanage after the 2105 invasion. Cid Victor Clayton is the founder of the original Academy and while currently the reigning principal of all fifteen earth-based establishments since Isadora first took in Orphans.