lady of the web

𝐭𝐡𝐚𝐧𝐤 𝐲𝐨𝐮 𝐟𝐨𝐫 𝐫𝐞𝐚𝐝𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐦𝐲 𝐬𝐭𝐨𝐫𝐲!
𝐜𝐨𝐦𝐦𝐞𝐧𝐭 𝐚𝐧𝐲 𝐭𝐡𝐨𝐮𝐠𝐡𝐭𝐬 𝐨𝐫 𝐪𝐮𝐞𝐬𝐭𝐢𝐨𝐧𝐬 𝐲𝐨𝐮 𝐡𝐚𝐯𝐞 𝐛𝐞𝐥𝐨𝐰!

The night air was cool, crisp, and still. Faint chirping of crickets echoed across the pond and the trees in the forest rustled softly with the breeze. The outside sliding doors of Naraku's chamber were opened for the first time in ages, and he sat just outside, silently watching the clouds pass by, covering the moon and showing its beauty once again. His crimson eyes tried to count the stars, then the indentations he saw on the moon, until he brought his focus on the water. He felt pulled in from where he sat, cautious of falling in if he chose to get up and walk closer. Suddenly, the questions started to pour into his mind.

How long had it been since he met Mei? About 6 months, if he could recount it. She was here for a spring and a summer, and now the winter was sure to approach them sooner than he thought.

Why did he feel so. . . Distracted from his plan? No doubt about it, when this question passed through his mind, Mei's face flashed immediately after. He looked back up to the sky with a sigh, frustrated with this new wave of "emotions" if a human were to call them. He knew of his role here. He knew who he really was, but the second he saw Mei it all blurred away. For a split second he didn't care about the jewel, just her. And when she was gone that time, he was angry. Angry that he had been so careless.

Angry that Kagura had so easily left her to her own devices, against his will. Angry, that he couldn't ask her to stay before she ran away to that- that dog. He clenched his fists till the knuckles whitened, thinking of how he treated her. How he nearly killed her and he- regrettably- had to stand and watch. Every single day he would be a far enough distance to not be spotted by the "group", but with the help of Kanna he was able to watch her. He watched her from the time the sun rose to the time she fell asleep at the fire. She called his name in her sleep, stirring back in forth in whatever dream she had at the time. He read her notebooks thoroughly, feeling her words as he silently sat in his room and picked each individual word apart.

Then, he stumbled on a few entries that peaked his interests the most. She talked about her father in depth, from how he looked to the tasks they would do together when he was back home. How he died, it was all too similar. His brows furrowed in thought, trying to piece together where it sounded similar. Could it be-

With a widening of his eyes, something in his heart weighed him down. If his assumptions were correct, this made everything all the more viscous in it's taboo nature.

"Hmm," Naraku's head turned towards the inside of his room. The sheets on his bed began to shuffle around, signs of a restless soul coming back to the land of the living. "Nnh, so hot. . " those kimono that he dressed her in must be too much to handle. He stood to his feet, tiptoeing back inside of the room as to not wake her. He didn't close the door fully, he left a small space between the door and its connective hinge, allowing the moonlit to beam inside and reflect onto the bed, streaking across her jet-black hair. If he were to look quick enough, one could mistake it for a glimmer under the moonlight, further removing her title as a demon and that of a deity.

"Shh, it looks like the mistress of the house is waking up." By the way she squirmed with her eyes closed, she was either having a nightmare or coming out of a deep slumber. Naraku climbed onto the bed, his muscular arms flexing each closer inch he mad towards her. While she was sleeping, he opted to be shirtless, allowing the cool mist of the night air to trickle across his skin. The spider-shaped burn-mark embedded on his back contrasted against his pale skin, quite the opposite to Mei's ever-growing spider marking on her back.