Chapter 40

Ahh the last chapters, I'm crying. Sorry if it's a little disappointing that there's not much angst. 

...

40 | Betrayal

Oh how Soobin hated his father so damn much. Since that night he had called, he had been sending Soobin on so many fucking errands and Soobin was sick of it. He just wanted to get on his knees and confess to Yeonjun and pray he forgives him. His father was always making him work till late at night and Yeonjun had questioned it from time to time but he had always come up with an excuse. 

It was some minutes past midnight and he was returning from another of his dad's stupid errands. All the lights were turned off and everybody was asleep, he was passing Yeonjun's office when he saw a light from the inside. He pushed the door wider and saw Yeonjun sitting behind his laptop drinking a cup of what he assumed to be coffee. 

"Oh you're finally back" Yeonjun sarcastically said and rolled his eyes. "I'm so sorry" Soobin apologised and Yeonjun let out a sarcastic hum. Soobin collapsed on one of the office couches and closed his eyes. 

"I don't know why you won't just tell me what you're doing?" Yeonjun asked and turned to Soobin on his swivel chair. 

"It's complicated" Soobin said and Yeojun had to push down his anger. 

"You've been saying that for the past week" Yeonjun said and turned back to his laptop. 

"Hey Soobin?" Yeonjun called and Soobin let out a hum "do you ever feel betrayed?" 

"What?" Soobin asked and tensed up at the question "W-what do you mean?" 

"I mean, this is my second cup of coffee and I still feel sleepy" Yeonjun said and placed the mug on the table. 

"Oh... maybe it's because you've had to many it's starting to loose it's worth" Soobin said and stood up from the couch 

"Come on, let's go to bed" Soobin said before carrying Yeonjun up from his seat and out of the room. 

They walked into the bedroom and Soobin dropped Yeonjun on the bed before going to change. He walked over to the bed and slide under the covers next to Yeonjun who was working on his phone. 

He took the phone from Yeonjun and placed it on the nightstand before wrapping his arms around Yeonjun and placing his between his neck. 

"You are not leaving this house tomorrow, you know that right?" Yeonjun asked and rubbed his hand up and down Soobin's arm. 

"I know, i don't have anything to do tomorrow anyway" Soobin said with his eyes closed his eyes. He chuckled when he heard Yeonjun mutter 'Finally'. 

The room became silent and they fell asleep. 

***THE NEXT DAY(evening)

Just like Soobin said, he didn't leave the house. He had stayed with Yeonjun the whole day before Yeonna had barged into the room and had dragged them down to the living room so they could all watch a movie. They were now all currently in the living room and the lights were turned off. Yeonna was the one who chose the movie because she 'had the idea of movie night' and she had chosen her favourite movie, 'Turning Red' 

They were all sitting down with their partners, Lucas sitting on Taehyun's lap on one sofa with a blanket over them, Beomgyu and Kai sitting together with a blanket over them, Yeonjun sitting on the same couch as the Beomkai couple with Soobin sitting on the floor between his legs and Yeonna with shrimp and a large bowl of popcorn next to her. 

Half way into the movie, Soobin's phone buzzed in his pocket. He checked it and it was a message from her father, he glanced at Yeonjun before checking the message. 

Weird Old man: It's time

He sighed before getting up. 

"Where are you going?" Yeonjun asked and held Soobin's hand. 

 "I wanna go check something" Soobin said. He noticed Yeonjun's confused expression and sighed "I'll be back, it'll be quick" 

Yeonjun slowly nodded before releasing Soobin's hand. He watched as Soobin walked out of the living room and sighed before turning back to the movie. A few seconds after Soobin had left, the room started filling up with gas. 

Yeonna reached down into popcorn bowl and noticed all the popcorn had been eaten up, she pouted before getting up to grab some more. She returned with a big bowl of popcorn, as she was walking over to her spot she collapsed, the bowl dropped to the ground and popcorn scattered everywhere. 

"Yeonna?!" They all yelled and stood up, they were about to run to her when Beomgyu collapsed followed by Lucas then Taehyun and Kai. Yeonjun watched as they dropped like flies, he felt dizzy and the room started to spin. 

"What's going o-ngh" He collapsed the last thing he heard was a whisper before he blacked out. 

"I'm sorry"

The book is about to end 🤧. Hope you enjoyed this annoyingly short chapter! 

~PeachQuin