Chapter 40

In the cold, dark, lab of Disaster, he was there in his office working on another project.

He mixed different substances together, and when that happened, a fiery smell came from it.

He smiled through his mask, and he slowly stood up.

"Another project finished." He said. "But I'm not sure it It'll work the way I want it do though."

He turned to the corner where someone was quietly standing.

Their amethyst eyes were dark and empty.

"You know, you don't have to stand there, Earlia." Disaster said. "Aren't you getting tired of standing up?"

Earlia didn't say anything. 

Disaster started to step towards her.

"And you don't have to keep your mouth shut all the time." He said. "I know you wanna say something cruel to me."

She looked at him directly in the eyes.

"Get away from me." She said.

Disaster did not back away. He just got closer and closer and closer.

Earlia did not look away from him.

"Why?" She said. "Why did you take me here again? Do you think I wanna be here? Because I don't.  And I never will want to."

Disaster chuckled. "Sweetie, I know you don't want to be here," he said. "But I took you because I wanted to, and I can."

She glared at him.

"If you're going to experiment on me, just do it already." She said. "And If you're going to kill me, just do that already too."

Disaster backed away from her.

"I'm not going to kill you." He said. "Listen, I'm going to go check on something.  You can explore the place if you want to, but don't try to escape. You can't anyways." He walked down the hallway, and dissapeared into the darkness. 

As soon as he was gone, Earlia tightened her fist and punched the wall. Chunks of the wall flew everywhere, and there was now a medium sized hole in the wall.

"Why is he putting me through this feeling again.." she said to herself.  "Why do I have to go through this again!?"

She looked down the long dark hallway and saw a door.

She slowly started to walk towards the door, and she quietly twisted the doorknob. When she opened the door, she saw shelfs  and shelfs stacked with piles of papers.

"What is all this..?" She said as she started to walk towards a shelf. She picked up a piece of paper, and saw some writing on it.

𝚃𝚘𝚍𝚊𝚢, 𝚒 𝚏𝚘𝚞𝚗𝚍 𝚊 𝚜𝚝𝚛𝚊𝚗𝚐𝚎 𝚌𝚛𝚎𝚊𝚝𝚞𝚛𝚎 𝚏𝚛𝚘𝚖 𝚊 𝚌𝚘𝚖𝚙𝚕𝚎𝚝𝚎𝚕𝚢 𝚍𝚒𝚏𝚏𝚎𝚛𝚎𝚗𝚝 𝚞𝚗𝚒𝚟𝚎𝚛𝚜𝚎. 𝙸 𝚌𝚊𝚗 𝚝𝚎𝚕𝚕 𝚒𝚝 𝚒𝚜 𝚊 𝚏𝚎𝚖𝚊𝚕𝚎.

-𝙳𝙸𝚂𝙰𝚂𝚃𝙴𝚁

Earlia put the piece of paper back on the shelf.

"So he has others living in here.." she said. "Interesting, but not surprising."

Suddenly,  she felt like someone was breathing on her neck, so she turned around.

But she saw nothing.

"What the.." she said. "Who the heck was that?"

After a few seconds,  she decided to forget about it, and started to think.