Chapter 35

When they got home, Frostina immediately made something for John and Oliver to eat.

They finished eating, Oliver went to sleep, and John sat himself on the couch.

John sighed and closed his eyes.

"A lot has happened today.." he said to Frostina who was next to him. "I'm so tired, but I don't want to sleep."

Frostina smiled softly.

"I know, especially for you. Are you feeling okay..?" She said. "I know you probably have a lot on your mind..so..you can talk to me."

John opened his eyes and turned to her.

"Thank you," he said. "I'm just a bit angry and upset right now."

"Oh.." Frostina said. "I'm sorry you're feeling this way John..just know that I'm here for you."

John smiled.

"I know you are." He said. "You're a really sweet person Frostina."

Her face turned red, and she grinned.

"N-No problem!" She said.
"You're pretty..uh..sweet yourself.."

"Oh really?" John said. He slid a bit closer to her. "But not as sweet as you."

Frostina turned even more red. "Uh.. y-yeah....Haha.."

John leaned in closer to her face. "Are you feeling okay? You're looking kind of hot." He said. "Are you feeling sick or something?"

Frostina sighed.

"I'm fine John.." she said. "It's just that..you're um..a bit too close."

John moved away from her.

"Sorry about that." He said. "I just wanted to get a closer look at that pretty face of yours."

Frostina played with her shirt ruffles.

"Oh, John, enough with the compliments." She said. "Don't you think it's time to get some rest."

John stood up. "Yeah, you're right." He said. "Well, goodnight Frostina."

"Night John." She said.

John walked to his room, and laid down on his bed.

At the lair..

Earlia slowly opened her eyes. She was laying on her bed. She slowly sat up, and looked around.

"Ugh..crap.." she said as she rubbed her bandaged stomach.

"How are you feeling?" Shawn said, who was sitting on a chair next to her bed.

Earlia looked up to him.

"To be honest, terrible." She said. "Absolutely terrible."

Shawn sighed. "Is it your stomach pain? Or..?" He said.

"No, Shawn." She said. "It's the feeling of the man you hate hurting you again.."

She gripped the bed sheets.

"When I got stabbed, Someone came in to save me right? Then him..John.. he had to step in." She said. "I bet he was stronger than me."

Shawn scratched his chin.

"Hmm..let me think." He said. "I don't think so. Both of you have different types of powers, so.."

Earlia looked down.

"No..Shawn.." she said. "When I first saw Disaster, I was so terrified. I was trying to be brave and strong, but deep inside I was a scaredy cat who wanted to run far far away from him."

Shawn frowned.

"Now here I am, laying in my bed with a wound he gave me. I thought I was ready. I thought I was ready to face him, but I wasn't. " Earlia continued.

She looked up to him.

"To tell you the truth.. I'm
terrified for when he comes back. I don't want to see his face. Ever." She said. "And when I saw that vaccine in his hand, I got even more terrified."

Shawn sat there, listening to her.

"I know you were." He said. "Of course you would be."

Shawn slowly stood up and stretched his arms.

"I'm gonna go somewhere real quick, but I'll be right back." He said. "Don't move, okay?"

Earlia sighed. "I won't because where would I go anyway?" She said. "Just go where you need to go. I don't care."

Shawn smirked.

"Alright then sassy." He said and walked out.

He walked out of the lair, and started to walk on the dirt road towards EnergVillia.

He whistled a tune, and was looking up at the night sky, filled with twinkling stars.

"Sure is a beautiful night.." he said. "Wish Earlia could've been here..." an idea popped in his head, and he snapped his fingers.

He ran back to the lair, and swung open the doors. Then He ran into Earlia's room.

"YOU SHOULD COME WITH ME!!" He yelled, which startled her a bit.

"Shawn! What the he.." she inhaled. "What? Go where?"

Shawn grinned.

"It's a surprise." He said. "Now come on, let's get you out of this bed."

Earlia shook her head. "Don't feel like it." She said.

Shawn grabbed her arm and pulled her out of the bed.

"Too bad." He said.

Earlia looked at him, then sighed.

"Whatever." She said. "Just don't pull me out of my bed like that. Did you forget that I have an injury?"

Shawn let go of her arm. "Right..sorry." he said.

"And get out so I can change."

"I will."

After Earlia had got done changing, they both went outside walking on the same dirt road Shawn was walking on.

"So what did you want to show me?" Earlia asked. "It better not be anything stupid."

Shawn laughed. "No, it's not." He said. "Just look up."

Earlia slowly looked up to the sky.

"You wanted to show me the stars?" She said. "Seriously?"

Shawn nodded. "Yeah, why not?" He said. "I thought it would make you feel better."

Earlia looked away from the sky and looked down.

"I mean..I'm not saying I don't like it.." she mumbled.

"What was that?" Shawn said.

"..nothing." She said. "Why don't we, uh, go find somewhere to sit..?"

"Sure, why not?" Shawn said. "You're probably getting tired of standing up."

She rolled her eyes, and started to walk towards a wooden bench.

"It's my stomach that's injured, not my legs." She said. "Idiot.."

Shawn sat next to her on the bench, and stared at her.

She slowly turned to him. "What the heck are you staring at?" She said. "You want something?"

Shawn slowly shook his head.

"No..I just can't help it." He said. "I just love looking at your beautiful, purple eyes."

Earlia blinked, and turned away from him.

"You're annoying.." she said.

"I know." He said. "But it's just a compliment you know." He slowly stood up.

"Well, we should go back." He said.

They both started to walk towards the lair. When they arrived, they both went to their rooms and did their own things.