Chapter 4

When John woke up, he lifted up out of the bed and looked over to where Oliver was sleeping last night.

He wasn't there. He must have been gotten up.

So John got up out of his bed and walked to where the living room was.

Oliver was sitting on the couch, kicking his feet. John noticed something different about him. He was wearing different clothes. Did Frostina give him some new ones? She must have.

"Hey there Oliver.." John said. "What are you doing?"

Oliver looked at John and smiled. "Johhny!" He said. "Frostina gave me some new clothes. She said she was going to find you some!"

John DID need some new clothes. Since his pants had a rip in it from the bullet that injured his leg.

"That's nice." John said. "Did she go to the store to get those clothes for you?"

Oliver shook his head. "No, she didn't go to the store!" He said.

"Then how did she get little boy clothes?" John asked.

"Maybe she has a little brother too?" Oliver said. "And she has so many beds in one room! Maybe she has tons of siblings!"

John scratched his chin.

"If she has siblings, I don't think any of their clothes will fit me. Depending on how old they are.." he said.

Suddenly, something was thrown at John. Then another.

"There's your clothes.." Frostina said as she walked into the room. "I hope you like black shirts and jeans."

John grabbed the stuff that was thrown at him and looked at it. It was a black shirt and jeans.

"Uhh.. clothes are clothes." John said.

He went into the bathroom to change his clothes, then looked in the mirror.

"My hair is a mess.." he said as he tried to fix it with his hands.

After a few minutes of trying to fix himself, he heard banging on the door.

"Hurry up! will you?" Frostina yelled. "We have a lot of important things to do today!"

John grabbed the doorknob and swung the door open.

"Alright, geez." John said.

Frostina smiled and grabbed his arm.

"We have to go somewhere with a lot of empty land for this." She said. "You don't mind if your brother comes, do you? Because today were going to be training your powers."

John forgot all about the power thing. He wasn't sure if he was ready for that. He doesn't even know what type of power he has. But the big question of all..

Where did these powers even come from?

"Uh... I would rather keep him away from all this." John said. "Is there anywhere he could go while we're gone?"

Frostina nodded.

"Yeah, there's a place." She said. "It's a playground for kids his age. He'll be safe there."

Frostina and John dropped Oliver off at the playground and went to a empty area to train John's power.

"Alright, what should we start with.." Frostina said. "shoot.. this is going to be kind of complicated, because your powers are different."

She sighed.

"I actually don't know how to train your powers at all!"

"Then why did you take me here.." John grumbled, beginning to feel annoyed.

"No need to worry." Frostina said. "There is somewhere where a machine can scan you, and explain to you what your powers are. Let's just hope it'll work on you.
Now come on!"

Frostina and John went to the place she was talking about and there was nobody there.

"This place is empty.." John said.

"Well of course it is." said Frostina.

"All of the powers have been discovered in people, so they don't need to scan anymore. But if one of the workers see us, they're gonna be very confused, because they think there are no more powers for people to be born with."

Frostina looked around.

"Seems like no one is actually here today." She said. "We'll have to sneak to the machine room."

So Frostina and John walked carefully to the machine room.

Frostina slowly brought her hand towards the doorknob and twisted it carefully. The door slowly opened, and she walked inside with John following after.

John looked to his right, and saw a large grey box shaped structure with a glass door attached to it. (A: I'm not very good at explaining) thing.

"Open the glass door and sit on the bench inside of it. When you've done that, I'll go inside with you and connect some wires on you."

John thought it was very weird, but he decided to step inside. This whole thing was weird anyways.

When he sat on the bench inside of the machine, Frostina stepped up to him and took a wire with a sticker attached to it.

"This will be stuck to your chest." she said.

When everything was set up, she closed the glass door and went to sit down on a chair.

"When I press this button, you'll feel huge amounts of pain." She said. "Try not to scream, okay?"

John slowly nodded and inhaled.

"What did I get myself into.." he thought in his head. "I'm supposed to be a teen boy, living his life at home, but-"

Suddenly there was a large vibration. The machine started to shake violently, and John felt waves of pain throughout his body.

He tried not to scream. He REALLY tried to.

Finally, the machine stopped shaking, and the pain in John's body faded away.

"Huh.." he heard Frostina's voice say.

She opened the glass door for him, and he stood up stepping out of the machine.

"Well.." John said. "Now what?"

Frostina walked to the side of the machine and motioned for John to follow her.

There was a white screen with words across it.

"You see this? This is the device that tells you your powers." She said. "...yours doesn't say anything."

"But it does say.." she continued. "High energy levels detected."